Five

~“If all hearts were open and all desires known — as they would be if people showed their souls — how many gapings, sightings, clenched fists, knotted brows, broad grins, and red eyes should we see in the marketplace!”~

William and I have been hanging out with each other awfully a lot. Oliver and I have spoke to each other after the alliance deal i had with his family and kingdom, William told me that Oliver needs time to think and plus his parents are getting ready to marry him off to the other princess.

"Which princess?" I asked.

"Princess Lina of Seven Isles." He said. That's when I was thinking about him. I think he would do just fine with her even if he thinks it will not be true. I told William to come find me as I was running through the meadow.

I saw Oliver standing there smiling at me,until he walked past me by walking towards William. 

‘’William, how are you?’’ He asked.

‘’I have been great, how about yourself?’’ He was staring at him until he stopped to see that he had passed me by where he embraced me asking how I am as well.

‘’I am shocked to see you here.’’ I said.

‘’I am excited to see you both here happily playing with each other but remember you are invited to the dinner we are throwing for my fiance.’’ he says but i can tell that i have hurt him so bad but he doesn’t want to show it in front of me so he doesn’t think i think he is weak when i don’t find him weak but hurt from what i have done to him. I went in just thinking about how he felt but what can I do other than to know I am the reason he is like this. 

I got prepared to go to this dinner his family was throwing for his fiance since she will be excited to see me or maybe not. I went inside the carriage as it awaited for the terror I was about to face with his mother and father. After all, I am the one who ended the arrangement all because I feel that life holds more for me. Once I got there, he was standing with his fiance next to him waiting for me to embarrass myself in front of his parents again. 

‘’Your royal majesty, what a pleasant surprise to have caught you here.’’ I bow to her and her husband. 

‘’Ophelia, I am so surprised you could have come after you hurt our son heart.’’ She was being just a royal bitch she is anyways. I just knew I had entered the lion den without letting the lions know I would be attending for a night of terror. Could it have been better if I had just fulfilled my duty as a princess without my peace and freedom. 

"How could that be?" I asked myself.

"I believe that I am better without judgement." I said to myself. I felt great just knowing I don't regret my choice at all. I sat next to William right in front of Oliver in a way for his mother to say "this is my torture for leaving my son, so you have to look at him." 

Why couldn't she be happy for me in my decision other than making stupid ones.

I took a deep breath inhaling as Oliver was staring at me with his fiance's hand on his until she spoke asking me how did I leave such a nice man like Oliver. 

"I left because …." I couldn't say it because I would want to know why but I just didn't want to hurt him more than I did.

‘’She left because she lost her parents and it was a rush to get married knowing her family will not be here with her to see her be bound by god with me.’’ he says.

‘’Oh i am so sorry to hear that, Princess Ophelia.’’ She was sincere to hear that but Oliver's mother insisted that I tell why I actually left him but she knew I left for a sense of purpose which didn’t lie with being married to her son.

‘’Your majesty, I don't want to speak about this anymore please.’’ I said but she refused to hear me when I begged her to have mercy on me but she insisted that she tell his new bride to be why i came to leave the man who i was supposed to marry which was the deal from Alexandria and Lenora alliance.

‘’Please let us eat.’’ HIs father spoke after all this situation that could have been avoided from the beginning but it looks like he wanted to hear the real reason as well. I have looked to myself knowing I thank myself for not getting myself in this family from the moment I saw who I will be against.

After the dinner with the royalty from hell, all I could think of was Oliver and was he ever going to truly love her, why was I thinking about that for when I know he doesn't love me. We have been arranged for this marriage since we were children born from our mother wombs. 

How could I tell if he wanted to get to know me. I just couldn't watch the fact that I would be married to someone when all I saw mother go through was a useless love with my father that cost her life. 

I look at love as a useless feeling which I will never be accustomed to at all. I went to sleep which helped me to not think but dream of what could be and not be, in my dream this time was about William and I are in love but I was with child. When he came to realize who was responsible for the cause of my condition, he hated me for my whole entire life because he didn’t want anything to do with me. Oliver didn’t want anything to do with me either since I would rather be with William other than him. 

In the crack of dawn, I set out to go back home to handle some situations but Oliver refused for me to go back myself but William had already stepped up to the plate before him. Princess Lina was wondering why he would offer to help when he was supposed to be here to handle the wedding preparations. She was starting to think if Oliver has feelings for me but the man couldn’t have any feelings for someone who he barely even knew. 
It’s been a week I haven't seen Oliver let alone heard from him, so I sent out a letter but didn’t get no response according to that letter. William came to see me after his long trip from back home which made me excited to see him. He told me that Oliver wasn’t going to be able to reply back when he was on his honeymoon with the new princess of Lenora. At this moment, I was shocked to hear that he is married but what I couldn't understand is that he got married without inviting me to the wedding. 

It just doesn't make any sense to see something like this.

I wanted to get this out of head so I invited William to have dinner with me which he didn’t mind, he said he had something important to tell me and since now i know who Oliver really is,i wanted to hear what William had to say. 

‘’Ophelia, I believe that you scoundrel my heart in ways I want it to be and i feel that i want to spend my time with you.’’ he says.

‘’William, i am not ready for love.’’ I said.

‘’Yes, princess you have a lot to consider especially you will become queen of Alexandria soon to be.’’ He sounds so sweet but once i had saw his face i just knew I really want this man to be a friend deeply into my heart.

‘’William, you are the dear friend to my heart and i would hate if you weren’t in my life.’’ I said to him where I was open wide with my arms reaching to him for him to stretch his towards me. We hugged for so long until we parted ways but I could see his eyes on me wanting to kiss me but I just knew I am not ready to be in love, especially William. 

William had urgent business to handle, so we left things where they were unspoken for. I thought he would be back to talk with an old friend but he hasn't been in Alexandria even for my coronation that will be taking place in a few days. 

Did I offend him?