If Anyone Can

IM SORRY ITS BEEN SO LONG
BUT MY BIRTHDAY IS TOMORROW SO HERE IS A GIFT FOR ALL OF YOU

Rebuilding the world around me has come surprisingly easy. Though I suppose it's easier to pick flowers when there is no thorns. I dont think Ikaris would even reconize the house now that my findings cover the walls, flowers of every variety that I can find, leaves and parchment and letters cling to the walls. A shocking amount of time spent painting whatever my mind falls upon, the friends I find in birds, their red feathers against the morning sky. And most days, Druig is staring back at me from inside the canvas, and when it is not him it is the lavender nights in the latibules and the days spent by the creeks. And sometimes, I find Makkari blending into the papyrus, warm brown eyes and speckles of green in her braids. And now, I find the world outside has become more and more magical, so free as it overgrows onto the steps of my home, into all my belongings, vines across the bathtubs, and shells on every visible surface.

Pulling along the ropes of plants, I use my light strength to carry me to the bottom of the glittering water to where cerulean honey locked inside its rough home. A blade between my teeth, I pull against the binding until it breaks, and I notice a shadow has formed at the top of the water, standing carefully on an ivory step. Kicking off the bottom, I abandon the blade but not the honey plant, finding that the figure becomes more and more familiar as I find the surface, breaking it. Blinking the water away, I find that before me stands my close friend, his skin does not wear the fabrics of his old life but rather light blue shalls and soft shoes. "I tried knocking on the door,"He says. To my pleasure, his voice does not hold stress or bad news. He's here for no reason other than to reunite.

Pulling myself from the water, I disobey his grumbling as I hug him, wetting his clothing as he squirms. "Sometimes I think I miss you, and then I remember you do things like this and i'm suddenly fine."I laugh at his words,making sure to drag my hands along the fabric just to be sure he gets that extra love and extra coldness. "Are you done?"He asks. When I nod, he lets out a sigh of relief, taking a seat on the stones. I nod, though I must admit i do love the old suffering.

Ive missed you.

He smiles, nodding. "I missed you too, id admit that I would have come and visited much sooner had the other guy not been here."I smile at his words, shrugging as I can see exactly his point. He looks nice and glowy, and dare I say completely different than he did last time I saw him, though i suppose that is the case for all of us now. Or rather, I. He looks at my hair and I can tell he is thinking the same thing. "The blonde doesnt suit you the same,"He says. There's a message buried under the words, one that I can read like a clear message carved into the earth. Ikaris didnt suit me.

It's making a come back.

Its true, though its notably lighter, it's still building the autumn fire as the time passes. "What do you think that means?"He asks. The truth is I dont know, and I dont think it matters. "But-I have something for you. I've been building a bit,"He says, I interrupt him carefully.

I thought you did not use your powers anymore.
He hums, thinking before he speaks again. "Im going back to how things were always supposed to be for me, the creations are for us, not for the humans to take and turn and ruin."I nod. On some days the earrings he made me still weigh on my earlobes. He reaches for his bag, but I stop him.

Let me be a good host, come and stay for a while.

He seems more than happy to stay, following me through the trees and around the large tree, coming around the front as I jog up the stairs, sweet plant still in my hand. He follows behind, notably slower as he holds the branches tight. "This house is very you, you made it yourself?"He asks. I'm not sure he's been inside before, outside of photos and letters. I nod, unable to recall as the door pulls itself open. The water tracking throughout the house has never bothered me, its not meant to be the same as other houses anyways, there are hardly any rules for anyone. Just existing naturally, that's all a home is supposed to be. Which often means that bears and rodents come and go and find a home in cluttered rooms and books. His eyes wander around, to the random hanging decor and the small oddities.

I suppose from an outside perspective the house could be creepy, the small shelf that holds the sweet delicate bones of past creatures, crystals and beauty shards grown off of them. Just immortalized remnants to keep them forever alive in a way, because to truly stretch their existence forever would be a crime against them. In the kitchen, he places his bag down on the table as I pull apart my plant, stripping the sweet syrup and the small bursts of bitter from it, placing it into a bowl for later. "I think it's kind of good, you know. Taking a break from Druig, it looks good on you! I mean, look you've made all this and you're thriving. I mean, you're soulmates anyways, you'll come back around to eachother again.

And when you do, you'll both be well crafted by your time alone. Have you seen Makkari and Sersi?"Looking around, i think he could tell very well that I had. The smooth wall, the stone and wood counters, intricate designs. Pulling a pot of tea, I place a cup in front of him as I pour. "Ajak?"He asks. He holds his lip beneath his teeth, his eyes wide in anticipation.

Never.

He claps in relief, his head falling back with a sigh of relief. "I always knew you were my favorite, you could always see through the lies. Glad to know you kept your soul, now,"He pulls from his bag, a box. "i have some things for you, i figured you'd fallen behind." he pushes it across the counter to me

fallen behind?

He hums, gesturing around the home. "it's still the 1700's in here, it's gorgeous, but it would do you good to have a few new things. i made you a telephone so that you can reach any of us, any time, lightning quick."he snaps his fingers. any of them. any time. when i look back up at him, his eyes have widened a bit, nodding. "this one is specially designed, you can type on it and your words will print out on the other side."the box is so small that i don't expect a phone to be very large, but as i pull out the small green cube, in a pop it expands, blowing up quickly as it stands before me.

"tada!"he exclaims. reaching into his pocket, he takes out a small purple cube, blowing up in his hand as he shakes in excitement. "ready?"he asks. i nod, watching as he picks it up, places one part on his ear, the other rests near his mouth. "call brelione!"in the same moment my phone rings. he places his phone down, my ringing stops. "i have to warn you though, i cant find druig to give him one."of course, there is always a catch. "but if anyone can find him, it's you."

hope you guys liked this chapter!! also, new character coming next chapter. looking at you nathan 😍
also everyone should wish me a happy birthday right now 🫶🏻
xoxo-HB