he knows

Gold images are in the air above us all, watching as Phastos explains his latest idea. Sprite's holding in their laugh, better than most times. Ajak doesn't even try to look interested, staring up at it. "Druig, did you go to that party that i told you to go to?"she asks, changing her direction of attention. I turn to look at him, awaiting his answer. "tell me, why would i need to?" i roll my eyes, moving my head back and grinning. "lione, your boyfriend is so boring."sprite says. i ignore it, already knowing that a smile has made its way across druigs face.

"and what about you phastos?"ajak asks. phastos makes a blank face, nodding, making sprite chuckle. "so this, this is revolutionary! i mean, we are looking at entering a new age with this. shorter hours of working, less sun damage to peoples skin, less violence. this is one of my best things yet!" phastos says, everyone watching him with no words living our mouths.

it's brilliant, phastos. but maybe a bit too soon. pick one issue and work with that, yes?

Phastos sighs, rubbing his eyes. "way to sugar coat it, brelione." sprite says. brell-e-in. classic sprite. druig shoots them a glare, looking over to me. I shake my head, not bothered by the simple joke.

"it's too fast, it will freak them out." Ajak says. "and as brelione says, pick one issue and work with it." something makes a ringing noise, gaining our attention as phastos rushes to a little machine thing. it's flat, a curve in it that he lifts his hand over, golden light forms a map as creatures move across it. deviants.

duty calls.

i sign as i get up, moving to head out when druig grabs my hand, holding it. "you be careful out there, flower." he says quietly. i grin, nodding.

you're worried about me?

he sighs, raising an eyebrow.

"and what if i am?"he asks. "for the love of god, could you just let her go we don't have time for your pda." Phastos groans, making a smirk grow across Druigs handsome features. I laugh, making my way out. Makkari is moving the people, Thena and Gil attacking one at once. there are two that no one is taking out now, easy. i let my palms move over the sand as a deviant rushes towards me, boulders raising from the earth and surging towards its head, shaking the earth as it's head crushes under the weight, snapped teal and green veins against the yellow as blood oozes from its body.

ugly, large and in the way. nobody wants that. i pull my hand down, folding my fingers in as the earth eats up the creature, leaving its head as proof of its defeat. clapping fills my ears, Kingo smiling. "what a great show you put on, Brel. remind me to hire you for my plays one day." he winks, turning around dramatically as he throws a ball of yellow light at another deviant. screams from behind me soak up all my attention, seeing three more coming. the humans are running, no where to go.

what can i do? how can they be safe? where are they gonna go? how are they gonna get there? my legs move before i know where i'm going, grabbing the blue coated arm of Ikaris. he jumps under my touch, breathing rapid as he turns. "brelione? what's wrong?"he asks, his hands grab at my face, looking down at me.

i need you to get me up there.

he stares at me, licks his lips before looking at the sky. "above the water?" he asks. i nod. he looks around again, seeing that makkari, thena, gil and kingo have got this handled for a few more minutes. he nods, hands around my waist.

"you have a plan, right?"he asks as the air hits my face. i nod, hoping this will work. above the ocean we go, ten feet above the waves when i grab his wrist. he stops, levitating in the air. i pry my arms out, hands far from my body as they shake, the water parting. think. think. think. i've got this. i've got this, it's just out of my comfort zone. rocks rise, large and flat, the water clearing a path wide enough for three people in a row. now i've just gotta hold it. Ikaris watches, almost in awe or shock- that i cannot tell as we land on the rock. i've gotta get them over here. he nods, looking at me for a moment too long. his hand is against my jaw and he kisses me, only for a moment before he's flying away, yelling words at the humans as they scream in frenzy.

Makkari sees my attempt, the rock filling with people as she moves back and forth. colors fly in front of me, purple, green, yellow, red. red. and just like that, i'm underwater. dragged by the claws of an angry, unnatural creature. the cold water hits my skin like blades, blood comes from my body. focusing. all i have to do is focus, water can hold the deviant better than the deviant can hold me. the water wraps around its strong body, between every crease in its muscles, every flex in its strong skin. white bubbles tickle my skin as it lets out screams, dragged by the current until it is no longer. hands grab at my body, moving me upwards with obvious struggle. druig has jinxed me. i grab the rock. the water helps me up, the white foam like caring hands as it places me on the stone.

the water path has fallen, growing back when i think about it once more as i run back to the mainland, closing the path behind me. not as easy as it could be but with ajaks help i'm sure i'll be fine. suddenly, with wind against my skin and sand stick to the bottom of my shoes i'm back in the domo and makkari places me down gently.

you're done, we've got the last one.

i nod, too tired to argue. wow, that wiped my energy clean. ikaris kissed me. i made a new island. i almost drowned. ikaris kissed me. just another day in the life.

my stomach is wounded, blood against the sage of my suit, the water making it spread more. i graze my fingers over the water, making it collect in my hand and become just a puddle on the floor. ajak is calm and collected, her hand over my stomach as the tissue binds back together. "i saw you out there, that was impressive. fantastic, even."she says, helping me up. i smile, pushing my hair back.

until i got attacked but that deviant.

"which you killed without letting any of the humans get hurt."she replies. i feel my face getting pink as she compliments me. "let yourself be appreciated brelione, no need to be so humble."she says. she begins to walk, wanting me behind her. "and you don't like ikaris, i know that. are you planning to keep that from Druig?"she asks. oh, she saw that too. which means one thing. he knows.

don't forget to follow and comment!!
ily guys, seriously. this book went from 60 reads to 300+ in a day which is just so unreal to me. you guys are so lovely and amazing for using your time to read my book and i appreciate it more than you will ever know. everyone one of you means so much to me.
xoxo-H