pretty boy

"what is it that you're looking at so happily?"thena asks. it's yet another warm night, lanterns on tables illuminate the faces of the humans. sersi dances with the humans, celebrating a new year. i don't quite understand time, how they all see it at least. but i suppose that's something only humans will understand for time only truly matters for them. i turn to thena, seeing that she has a knowing look on her face. she already knows what it is that i am staring at but she wants the confirmation.

my beautiful boy, look at him.

she smiles, looking over to wear he speaks to a group, hands moving as he speaks. i recognize the words, yes, no, good, bad. he is teaching them the language of those that cannot speak. of course he is, he has always seen it so unfair that i cannot have human friendships as sersi can. "i am so happy that you have found love in eachother, but i almost can't believe it."she says, looking at me.

i hear that so often.

"it's not that we don't believe you should be together, it just the absolute shock of the fact that you are. i feared that we would have to lock you both in a closet for you to finally get together. it was so frustrating, it's like watching two cats sprint around a tree trying to catch eachother."she smiles, shaking her head. i even let out a laugh at the comparison, how silly it must've looked for thousands of years. it must have been torturous.

"i cannot imagine many matches that could be so perfect for eachother, it's truly a gorgeous love you have."she continues. with every word she speaks, the more i feel myself getting happy, covering my face with my eyes closed. i let out a sigh, looking back to her. "brelione,"she says. she pronounces my name differently, different from druig at least. i think it's because her voice is so heavy, smooth and whimsical.

she says many things different from other people, it's beautiful and distinctive. all things i love in voices, it's a beautiful color too. amber and gold and white. i look back at her, how she looks so excited, mouth turning up in a smile. "i have something i must tell you, but do not inform a soul."she says. i nod, watching her intently as i wait for her words. she licks her lips, smiling.

it's a way unlike i've seen from her, in fact, she looks so flustered that i wonder if this is how i look everyday. though i don't look nearly as stunning when i do it. she takes in a deep breath, leaning towards me as she whispers, looking down. "gilgamesh and i have decided to marry,"she whispers, so low that there's barely any sound at all. my body reacts before i do, gripping her shoulders and shaking them, so happy for this news.

she laughs as i pull her up, taking her into a hug so tight that if she were human i might crush her completely. her arms rest on my shoulders, accepting my spine crushing his as her hands lay gently on my back, chin on my head as she laughs. "i take it that i have your blessing, i cannot get married without your approval."she says, making me grin. it's something that i have pictured an unbelievable amount of times but i didn't know it would come so soon.

i nod, giving her one last squeeze before letting go, though my excitement doesn't falter. yellow at my fingertips, she smiles and takes my hands, shushing me gently. "cant let my maid of honor ruin the surprise, ajak doesn't even know."she says calmly. maid of honor. i've received many titles, gaia, genesis, the mighty brelione, goddess of earth, beautiful being, leader of all, mother nature. yet maid of honor might be my new favorite, especially when it's thenas.

i suppose our commotion has drawn some attention, druig signing for the people to wait as he approaches with a smile. i adore the way he walks, i'm not sure what it is. the slight sway of his arms, the straightness of his shoulders, his perfect posture, his hands resting between his hips. "what's happening over here, ladies?"he asks, looking at us. i simply look away, shaking my head. "nothing, druig. nothing at all."thena smiles gently, arm on my shoulder. he squints, not quite believing it. he hums, nodding.

"oh, alright."he says, though he doesn't believe it. but he's never been a pusher, smiling.  he looks to the others, my eyes following. i see ikaris already looking to us, eyes widening slightly as he looks away, lifting his nails to his face like he's inspecting them.

but he's a moment too soon, an annoyed look on his face. "your admirer is back at it again."he says, calming his expression. "she's got many, druig. now, why don't you take your girlfriend for a dance?"she suggests, giving me a look that tells me we will be speaking later.

i can hardly wait, to plan the details, to go shopping for the perfect fabric for a dress. i know i'll be able to convince her to let me sew it myself, i'll end up sewing a dress for everyone to make sure everything will be perfect. thena will insist that it's too much work, that she couldn't ask it of me. but i've been thinking about this for ages, i already have a few pieces of fabrics of different colors and patterns for inspiration for gowns. druig will want a skirt, that i already know.

he has a hatred for pants, hardly able to walk comfortably in them. and when he does wear pants they have no shape, tied around his hips with a soft string so that he cannot feel it against his skin. and makkari, she'll need something that's gorgeous, glamorous but not too much as to not outshine thena. but with cheekbones like hers that is a mission that is near impossible. thenas gown, that will be something that will require help from the designers of the village.

she's very specific with her sleeves, she'll want something lightweight but not poofy, that would get in the way. i can see it, a gorgeous day it will be. i hear a buzz in my brain, druig taking my hand to conceal the yellow circles, bringing me down a bit. "that excited to dance with me?"he asks, making thena smile and roll her eyes as she is off to speak to gilgamesh, waving a goodbye to me.

"you gonna tell me what's got you so bright?"he asks, grinning when i shake my head, taking both my hands and pulling me closer to him. "you and your secrets."he sighs, kissing me gently. i hum, my nails against his neck, twirling his dark hair. "may i guess?"he asks. id love to say no, to tell him he will never know my secret, that he cannot even guess.

but because of the way that he is, his ability to pick up so well on clues and body language he must already know. but still, i nod. "hmm, does this have anything to do with gilgamesh?"he asks. goddammit. i shake my head, watching him bite his lip, not believing it. "now, why lie to me?"he asks.

you lie often

to this, he raises an eyebrow. "oh, please, give me an example."he says, hands slipping around my head to pull my light green hood over my head. it's not a thick fabric and i'm yet to find out why it is there, what it's meant to keep out. with an exaggerated annoyance i pull it back off, signing.

about the dreams that you say you didn't know were coming

it's that sentence alone that makes his face fall, eyes wide like he's been caught committing a crime. he looks like he wants to deny it, opening his mouth to speak though nothing comes out. i watch him, amused. i think he believes i'm angry with him, though that couldn't be further from the truth.

he wants to help me and he does, he's saved my mental health in nearly every way imaginable. if i ever had to go back to how things were, when my brain was being eaten alive by nightmares and i was so tired that i was starting to hear things that weren't there. "how-howd you find out?"he asks. it's been centuries since be seen him so anxious.

ajak told me and she told me kari's involvement

he stares back at me, completely lost for words.

my sweet boy, i am not mad.

his shoulders fall, relaxing as i take his face in my hands, grinning as i tap my nose against his, his forehead resting against mine. i love you so much, pretty boy. druig says i have a powerful mind, he says that it's one that's ever so difficult. complex, full of thoughts that reach outside my imagination.

i can hear my thought echo, feeling his slight giggle as he receives the message, sighing. "i suppose, darling, that i didn't lie if you did not ask."he says. "but i saw just how strong your old dreams weighed on your soul, how much it dulled your light. i'm so glad that youre better now."he whispers out loud, pressing a quick kiss to my forehead. "now, how about that dance?"he asks.

LEF ME KNOW WHAT YIU THINJ OF GIL AND THENAS ENGAGEMENT
SORRY FOR THE LATE CHAPTER
HOPE YOU ALL ENJOYED IT!! xoxo-H.