rebirth

PREPARE YOURSELVES

it's rare for me to be stupid, terribly rare. as rare as a diamond showing up without me putting it there.  but right now i feel stupid, out in the woods with makkari, approaching the pond that belongs to the latibule. its greener today, the stones seeming to have multipled, adding to the color.

i shouldn't feel stupid, i shouldn't for it's not something i can control. it starts in my legs, locking me in place with a pain coming onto them. it feels like being kicked in the legs, forced to the ground.

my hands hit the land, wind picking up. no, not this again. how can this be when i have not even slept? my fingers dig into the dirt, i clench my eyes shut, trying to focus on the wind, on the dirt that digs into my nails, the smell of the earth.

anything to stay here, to stop the pressure building up in my head. i feel the pounding against the ground, the way it shakes my hands. i have a sliver of hope that this time i can stay, outsmart the non existent person that is trying to hard to rip me away.

vines lift from the ground, roots clinging to me too as they try to save me from the inescapable. everything is tearing apart, the roots splitting as they try so hard to keep together, something hitting my back and sending me to collide with the ground entirely.

my ribs slam against the hard ground, a scream tearing through me as i hear a symphony of cracks in my bones, a hot stream of blood is coming from my face. my eyes, my nose, the ringing in my ear so loud that a trumpet against it would sound quieter. it only gets louder, getting to the point that i can't remember any other sounds.

you cannot allow the fallout, it will fail us all. remain yourself in line, remain yourself in line.

it repeats, it's the same as last time, the sensation. my body cannot move, my eyes are stuck in their burning state. it pushes me further into the ground, the pressure, the voice, the force. eyes are torn open when i am not where i should be, this time i am held from my throat. hard against my throat, cutting off my breath as i hear it fade into the air with a desperate squeak. my eyes bulge, trying to escapes the sockets. my ears hurt, blood within my head stuck from circulation, lungs burning for air.

it holds me against something, stone as i watch in front of me. i cant look to the side, i cannot see my friends that i know are there. now i am seeing something i've never seen before, held to the stone as i hear the yelling of druig. my eyes don't allow me to see him, only hear him as i stare at the stone opposite of me. "you are asking to erase who she is, how can you do this when you know what will happen?"he asks.

it's not the often sound, the same sentence that i often hear. how i am a lost cause, how there is nothing left of what i once was. it's so different now that had there not be the pressure against my skin i may think it was a different setting entirely. "and you are asking to let her suffer for the rest of time."a voice fights back. it has no identity, not that i know of.

my vision is blurred like my eyes have been covered with sea glass, only loose shapes and colors are truly visible. in front of me, two figures fall to a fight. dark hair hits stone, broad shoulders pressed up against it as another stands in front of him. my vision starts to clear, slowly as i can finally see what it is that is happening before my eyes. ikaris holds druig to the stone, a threatening hand up in the air.

i cant control my body, my actions as my hand lifts and sends a golden orange light through the air like a blade. ikaris is forced back, stumbling as no one attempts to catch him. his eyes full of terror as if i've stabbed him in the heart, catching himself as he stares back at me. "enough!"a voice shouts as i can finally move my eyes, to see what surrounds me. it's like i have been placed in the scene itself, turning around to see how the sky has filled with dense smoke.