Red Dragon's Worries

(Issei P.O.V)

(Zephyrdor's 8 pawns 2 knights 2 Rooks Defeated)

As Grayfia made that announcement it was obvious at least to me how the battle was going to play out. 'This guy is way too strong' I thought to myself as I watched my rival go at Zephyrdor.

'Well we knew it was that way for a long time partner.' Ddraig replied

'Yeah' I replied. Ddraig was right and it sucked. Now that he had evil pieces, Vali was far superior to me and I knew it.

Since the battle was finally decided it was time to focus on the other pressing matter. "Hey Sona" I called out wanting one last moment with her before we truly became enemies.

"What is it Issei" Sona asked me with a nervous look on her face. I'm pretty sure she knew what was coming and it was something we both weren't looking forward to

"It's time" I replied softly before kissing her on the lips.

"Issei we're watching the battle" Rias scolded although I could see the jealousy in her eyes.

"Sorry Rias, but what I just did had to be done. I'll see you guys later" I replied as I made my way back to the mansion to begin my training. I got a quick look at Sona's face before I left and we both knew what that kiss meant.

(Irina P.O.V)

As Issei teleported away, everybody was concerned as to why he would leave so suddenly; everybody except for me and Sona of course.

"What's he doing, it's the middle of the battle?" Rias said quizzically.

'Man you're clueless Rias' I thought to myself. "Issei had to leave because he's about to start preparing for the rating game against Sona." I revealed. I could tell that most of the group realized the problem after that.

"I don't see the problem" Rias said nonchalantly. Ughh this is why I hated her so much. I was about to rip her a new one but Sona beat me to it.

"Listen Rias, Issei and I have spent so much time together that our bond is very symbolic. For a dragon that kind of bond is special and going against it is difficult." Sona explained.

"That's right" I added in. "Even when we were kids Issei had very few friends outside of me. Now he's facing one of the few people he truly trusts and it requires a special mentality when combined with his dragonic abilities." I explained.

"What does that have to do with anything?" Rias wondered causing me to twitch slightly.

'This is ridiculous, I can't believe he's served Rias for this long she's clueless.' I thought to himself. "Me and Sona are probably some of the only people he truly trusts right now. Matsuda and Motohama were his buddies but I doubt outside of them he was close to anybody. So facing off against Sona will be tough.

"Wait a minute. He has relationships with so many people and yet he only trusts Sona and you. How's that possible?" Rias asked me. I imagine she included herself in that group and to find out that he didn't trust her was a bit shocking.

"It's possible because the relationship dynamic is very different. Xenovia started sleeping with him because she needed something to help her adjust to her new life and Issei was an easy out. He also felt guilty because he exposed Xenovia to the truth in order to protect me." I explained.

"It's true. I sleep with him occasionally but our relationship is purely about sex at this point. We really don't talk that much" Xenovia admitted.

"He slept with Tsubaki once because she walked in on me and Issei having sex. He went along with it but honestly he was reluctant to do it" Sona added much to my amusement. Of course what Sona didn't say is that Serafall was with her during the time and I imagine that would've been an awkward reveal.