Nostalgia

(Irina P.O.V)

(Dream)

Over the years there was a dream that I kept having and it was fitting that I had this dream tonight. Granted, it would be unfair to call it a dream since it was actually a memory from my childhood friend. I was six years old and I was sitting with my best friend Issei Hyoudou at our favorite park hanging out. The next day, I was heading to England to become an exorcist but I had to tell Issei that I was a girl before I left. He was my best friend and I always felt guilty for keeping the fact I was a girl a secret. "Issei listen I have to tell you something" I said nervously as I turned towards my friend. This was going to be so hard. I was still wearing my boyish clothes but that was because I didn't have the courage to face him in a skirt.

"What is it Ike" Issei said to me with his usual calm expression.

I flinched a little bit as he called me Ike. It was a fake name I had used and my father and mother had gone along with it. "I have to tell you something. Just promise you won't get mad okay" I said nervously.

"Why would I get mad with you Ike? You can tell me anything. We're friends after all" Issei asked almost in confusion. Yea this was gonna suck, but I had to do it. Otherwise I couldn't truly call him my friend.

"Well the first thing is that my name isn't actually Ike" there I said it. Now let's hope Issei doesn't freak out.

"What do you mean" Issei replied in confusion. Here we go, the moment of truth.

"My name is actually Irina and I'm a girl. I told you my name was Ike because I was afraid you wouldn't play with me if you knew that I was a boy. I'm so sorry Issei" I said with tears threatening to run down my face. My only thought was please don't hate me.

Issei paused for a second and I was really nervous. I had no idea what Issei was thinking to and it scared me. Would he hate me? Would he not want to be my friend? All of those thoughts popped into my head. Finally, Issei stood up and I wondered just what he would do next. Imagine my shock when he gave me a hug.

"Umm I'm confused" I replied in a mix of shock and joy. Instead of being mad at me he was hugging me. I couldn't understand what was going on.

"You're my best friend Irina. Whether you're a guy or girl doesn't change that. Heck now it makes sense why we never went swimming together." Issei said with a cheeky smile. Thank God he wasn't mad.

"Okay then" I said happily but work wasn't done. "There's something else I have to tell you"

"What is it Irina?" Issei asked me calmly. Now was the moment of truth. I was about to tell Issei that I was moving away.

(Real World)

"Dammit" I cried as I woke up. It seemed like every time I had that dream I always woke up when I was about to tell him I was moving away; probably because it was the most painful moment of my short life. I noticed that my partner had somehow flipped her body as she slept once again, Xenovia's sleeping patterns were always awful and even in this soft bed that hadn't changed. I still couldn't believe that, Issei forced me and Xenovia to stay at his house instead of at the church. Geez, I still can't believe that Issei hadn't seen me in close to 10 years and still treated me this way. Wriggling my way out of the bed I looked at myself in the mirror and smiled at the pink sports bra and a pair of blue hot pants I wore to sleep. It reminded me that there was no way Issei could confuse me for a girl anymore and it filled me with pride. Feeling mischievous, I decided to sneak into Issei's bed to cuddle with him for a little bit. Issei was a heavy sleeper as a kid so I knew that I could pull it off if I was clever. Of course if he was awake maybe I could thank him properly for his help but there was no way that would happen. I could feel the blush forming as I imagined what it would be like if he wasn't asleep and the prospect of having sex with my childhood friend. Hey, we were teenagers and confession was in the church for a reason. I knew a few people who actually had sex during their training but both Xenovia and I were virgins. Of course I left my Excalibur Mimic in my room since Issei was a devil and I didn't want to ruin the moment.