Part 33

Hollywood- Gorillaz

<<< hollywood is alright, hollywood is fragrant >>>

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Love wakes up in her bathtub with a hangover like no other. She has never been a big drinker, just in recent days. Her phone is completely dead, probably from the sleep-call last night. There is nobody in the world Love is more appreciative of than her best friend. Sapnap is the best friend she has ever had. 

Placing her phone on the charger in the kitchen, Love begins to cook herself breakfast. Sometimes a good fall helps her. Music blares through her speakers until a call notification comes through. It's an unknown number but Love still answers it. 

"Hello?" 

"Hey Love, it's Ren." She is stopped dead in her tracks. Not a single part of her actually believed that Ren would call her after leaving last night. It takes her a second to respond, stunned. 

"Hey Ren. What's up?" A smile is plastered on her face as she tries to keep her composure and contain the excitement. He called her back! 

"I feel terrible about walking out last night. I just had some things to take care of," Love can almost not contain her emotions right now. "Can I take you out to breakfast? As a sorry?" Her eyes are popping out of her head at this point. Love glances at the food cooking on her stove. 

"I'm actually cooking breakfast right now. You're welcome to join me?" Fingers crossed, Love awaits his response. This is the first person in a long time to show genuine interest in her that she is also interested in. Love was never interested in Kam. He pursued her, she always shot down those pursuits. 

He takes Love up on her offer and hangs up the phone. She rushes to clean up her drunken mess as well as herself. A bit of a struggle considering her hangover and the food on the stove top that requires watching.

A knock on her door tells her that he is here. Love opens the door to see him, once again carrying flowers. "Not stolen this time," He lets her know, crossing his heart. Seeing her face light up with a big smile let's Ren know he is doing something right. 

Stepping aside, Ren comes in. The two sit down and eat their breakfast Love had made, a movie playing in the background. "Sorry about the whole no table thing," Love is almost embarrassed by her lack of furniture. Ren wraps an arm around her.

"I don't care, Love," She feels comfortable with him. More than she has with anyone who isn't Dream. But there is still the part of her that is thinking of him. The person who showed her what Love was. Nothing could beat the way Dream made her feel.

And that scares her so much. 

"I'm having a show tonight. My first actual show, if you want to come?" Love doesn't want to seem as if she is moving them too fast or being overbearing. She doesn't know how this works. Dream was her best friend, they never had to take things slow. 

Kam quickly checks his phone calendar. "I will be there," They eat their breakfast together before they both need to go do some errands before tonight's show. To say Love isn't a nervous wreck would be the biggest lie. She is shitting herself. 

After showering, Love facetimes Sapnap to talk to while she gets ready. 

"Dude." Is the first thing Love says. It captures his attention quite well. "He called me." 

"Who?" 

She rolls her eyes. Does he not retain any information ever? "Hook up from last night? His names Ren and he called me this morning and we ate breakfast and he brought me flowers and he's coming to my show tonight!" Sapnap finally catches her drift. On one hand, he doesn't want to seem excited about it. Dream is still his best friend after all. But on the other hand, this is big for Love!