Part 4

Better Man- Taylor Swift

<<< I know why we had to say goodbye like the back of my hand. But I just miss you and I just wish you were a better man >>>

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Eros/ @erosion- Impulse dropping an album! Heres 21! This is a series of songs I have written over the past 4 years but never felt the push to release. Hope you all enjoy it <3

"Sap, Love dropped music," Sapnap knows all about Love. They had talked a couple times before the breakup, Love really liked the kid. The two would talk together on discord while Dream would be in the bathroom. When everything fell apart between Dream and Love, he was pretty disappointed by it. 

"Play it!" Sapnap demands, immediately placing himself next to the laptop. Dream presses play on the first one. 

i've packed my bags in the middle of the night. a thousand times, i woke up to say goodbye. i could be wrong but i think that i'm for real this time. i know that i've lied, but we've run it dry. know i won't come back this time.  (For Real This Time- Gracie Abrams)

It's beautiful, her voice is beautiful. Dream knew this song in particular would get him. Hearing her thought process of how she walked out on him. He just wishes they could have a conversation about it, more than anything. 

They turn on better, shuffling the entire project she released. Sapnap thinks her voice and lyricism is amazing. 

so if that's all it was, if you're good giving in, giving up. i hope. so if that's all it was, hope you feel better now. and if that's what you want, if you don't wanna see me at all now. so if that's all it was, hope you feel better now. i'd turn the car around if you'd let me. you know i'd cry my eyes out until i'm empty. (Better- Gracie Abrams)

Dream didn't think his feelings would be a little hurt by her music but here this feeling is. If he'd let her? Of course he would've let her. He'd still let her. Of course he didn't feel better by it all. How would he? Love was his person, before anything and anyone else. 

"You good?" Sapnap questions his friend who is spacing out and staring at the wall, his leg shaking. He is just worried for his friend, knowing this album is about the fall of his most important relationship. 

 "Yeah I'm fine," Dream means it. He does think he's fine, just reflecting on everything the two have been through the past few years and how it all ended. They are really liking the album so far and he agrees to give Love a review afterwards. It is the most they've talked since everything.

I keep thinking maybe if you let me back in, we could make better breaking every habit. pull myself together. you could watch it happen. let it happen. (Mess It Up- Gracie Abrams) 

"If you let me back in it." Dream recites quietly. Her whole perspective is so much different than he had expected it to be. He didn't expect her to blame herself so much.  

Sapnap can see the thoughts running through dreams mind. Just thinking so much. Sapnap turns on the next song called Camden and he wonders who that is. Dream recognizes it as a town she loved to go to in Maine. 

She had a huge emotional connection to this town after being sent to live there for 2 months for an inpatient program when she was 14. Love went to Camden lost. She came back an entirely different person for the better. 

 i've never said but i know that i can't picture anything past 25. not like i care to know the timing, not like i'm looking for that silence. (Camden- Gracie Abrams)