Part 28

Pacify Her- Melanie Martinez

<<< pacify her, she's getting on my nerves >>>

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wil spent the night at Dreams last night, helping prepare for the party. It is going to be a monstrosity of a party, inviting people from all over to come. It was more Sapnaps idea than anyone else's. He hasn't been to a good one in a while and craves the adrenaline of it all.

The party starts at 7 but pregame for the group began at 6. Wil looks at the time on his phone. 6:57. He invited Love and made her promise she would come. Love is a recluse and needs to get out of her lonely home. Wil, of course, asked Sapnap before inviting her. Asked if it would be causing problems.

He did not know, along with everyone else in the room including Dream, that Sam would show up. She heard about the party and knew she had to come. Drove all the way here, just to remind whoever may come that he still belongs to her. No matter how much Dream doesn't want to be.

The party starts. The house lights go off, the party lights come on. The drinks are set out with snacks and chasers, the rooms are locked, everything there is to think about when throwing a big party has been done.

Love gets dressed in a party outfit with no help. Kam isn't responding and she doesn't know who else she would call that is not at the party right now. Love has on a white skirt dress, a green knitted cardigan, and her mary janes on. She touches up her makeup and her hair before her uber arrives. Love can barely walk in her shoes and doesn't want to even try to make it there walking.

The party is much bigger than she had expected. To Love, it looks like the parties in the movies. Crazy big, people spilling out onto the front lawn, just having fun and being intoxicated. None of them recognize her and she is thankful. Love wants to just slip in, find Wil, and leave after a couple hours or so. And getting drunk in the process.

Wil and the group are crowded by the door, welcoming people in still. As Wil shouts her name and grabs her close, Dream makes eye contact with her. It is the first time in a while. Then she looks towards Dream and sees Sam on his arm. Love should have known. They're together after all. His cry to her was probably just because he was having a rough patch with Sam.

Dream doesn't know why Love and Wil are that close. Why they're touching, holding each other like they're a couple? He is confused when they happen to get that close. "Hey Love," Dream wants to be nice. Civil. There is absolutely no reason to be mean to Love. She has done nothing to him.

Sam grips his wrist tightly. Nobody notices it but Love does. She sees his wrist slowly turn white from the lack of blood flow. Her eyes go blurred with anger and she decides to keep her eye on Sam. 

Something isn't right.

Throughout the night, Love's plan changes. She drinks a little, letting loose, and just hangs out with the group. Sam and Love's tension is thick but the group, intoxicated, doesn't seem to notice or mind. She is having a good time despite wanting to make sure Dream is ok. She sticks with Wil mostly, except for when he goes to talk to other people. It is usually girls pulling him away and Love doesn't seem to care much to Dream's relief.

"Fuck. Dream I'm sorry," Love accidentally crashes into him after walking away from Wil and his new friend. It was awkward and Love didn't want to be third wheeling anymore. But on her way back, the cup she was holding collided into Dream's chest. Love, panicked and mildly intoxicated, begins to try and try his shirt off with her cardigan sleeves.