Part 25

The Good Side- Troye Sivan

<<< you taught me the ropes and you taught me to love. but i sympathize and i recognize. oh baby i apologize that i got the good side >>> 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dreams light illuminates his face. Love could spot him from a mile away if she needed to. She doesn't know what to do. To retreat or to walk into her house. Or to let him talk. Love doesn't know if she should. Why should she hear him out? After it all? What difference would it make anymore? He picked her. Twice, he picked Sam over Love. And that speaks quite loudly to her. That she is not wanted. She is not important to Dream like he is to her.

 At some point, Love has to come to accept the fact that all those years together meant next to nothing to him. 

Love tries to walk past his car, maybe hoping he wouldn't notice her. But his car door closes and his footsteps get closer.

"Love," His voice is small. Quiet. "I just want to talk to you,"

"Why?"

"I don't know how to make it up to you. I don't know how to change the past. I don't know how to show you that I do not want Sam. Love, its you. It has always been you, Love," 2 years ago, Love would have been crying over this confession. Relieved that he cares. That he is fighting for her. But in the present, Love just wants for him to leave her alone. 

"Just go away," When he stumbles over his steps, Love takes a closer look at him. Analyzes him until she scoffs and now, finally, wants to cry. "You can't confess your love for me unless you're drunk?" Her voice is soft, hurt, and just overall done with this. Love wishes none of them had ever happened. For the first time ever, Love wishes he was never a part of her.

How could someone continuously hurt the person they 'love'? She is hurt by every single one of his actions and he never takes the accountability she so desperately craves. Why can't he just admit that he never wanted her in the way she wanted him? 

"Love that isn't what this is. I love you," He keeps begging her as she begins walking him across the street to his moms house. She cant drive him home and Love is not going to let him continue to drive drunk. She continues to display the kindness most would believe he doesn't deserve. 

"Keys," The whole way up the stairs, through the house, into his childhood room, he begs her. Dream begs Love to believe that he loves her. That she is his soulmate. It sounds pathetic and he knows it is. Dream would rather die of embarrassment than be without her.

"Lovey," She hates the nickname that rolls off of his tongue, "I don't feel good," Immediately, Love begins to rush him into the bathroom connected to his room. The two sit on the cold tile floor that has not changed since he moved out.

 Love holds his shaking body close, running her fingers through his hair, warming him up. He cries and throws up but holds her close. Like she wont be there when he's done.

She won't be. 

Love helps him into bed, helping him out of his soiled clothing. The whole time she thinks about Sam. Is she at home waiting for him? What did he say to get here? Should Love be doing this for him right now? 

"I love you. More than anything else," Dream presses his forehead to hers, his tears falling down. Loves meet his in a pile on the blankets she used to feel like were home. Her heart is hurting more than she has ever felt it before. Watching him finally beg for her but only because he is intoxicated. 

His actions right now make her question all of it. Their whole relationship, their whole lives together. Was any of it real? 

"No you don't," Love kisses his forehead and begins to walk out, "Get some sleep, Clay," And with that, Love disappears down the steps of his house. Part of him gets convinced that Love will turn around. Dream holds his breath until the front door closes and all signs of her are gone.

He just shuts down.

Eros/@erosion- its on again, off again. I love you like oxygen. I dont know what to say, or do. On again, off again. You dont know what I'd do for you.

Overnight, the song blows up all over tik tok and twitter. Both Love and Dream wake up to her first video as Eros. Countless people are screaming 

online, talking about her lyricism. The pain in her voice. 

Dream understands all that he put her through. Love did her best to be the person he wanted and needed and at the end of the day, that was never how he treated her. Dream consistently treated Love as if she was disposable. 

Dream know that will forever be the biggest regret in his life. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Good Side- Troye Sivan

<<< you taught me the ropes and you taught me to love. but i sympathize and i recognize. oh baby i apologize that i got the good side >>>