Part 18

AUTHORS NOTE: thank you guys sm for the reads and the votes <3

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"We kissed," Love admits as Rayna and her jog the track. It had taken Love a few days to tell Rayna, wanting to soak in their reconnected romance as much as she could. It's been nice, stealing kisses and holding hands and sleeping in the same bed. It doesn't feel like the start of a relationship usually does.

Maybe they're rushing things but neither of them care, knowing that they have been together before. They've known each other almost two decades. You can't rush something that has been in the works for that long already.

"No fucking way!" Rayna smacks Love's arm, freaking out from the news. Rayna knew it was only a matter of time the two were going to get back into it. Even if rationally Rayna knows it might not be such a smart idea. "When!"

"The night of the party. After he made me a bath." Rayna looks over at her friend with wide eyes and a devilish grin.

"Were you in the bath?" Love confirms Rayna's suspicion that yes, she was indeed still in the bath. "And you guys didn't go further than kissing?"

"Rayna! No! We didn't!" Love giggles at her friends invasive question.

"And Sam is for sure out of the picture?" Love is no longer giggling. The two don't really talk about Sam. From what she knows, it was a bad relationship and that is it. Love tells her yes, kind of just leaving the answer at that. She doesn't want to think about her.

The jog continues, the two girls talking about the things that are new in each others lives. Love is so grateful to have a friend like Rayna right now, considering she doesn't have Kam in her life. Love and Kam have only briefly talked since it happened, accepting his apology and giving her own out.

The guilt of not loving him back eats at her. Kameron deserves to have someone who wants him. Love knows she cannot force herself to have those romantic feelings for him but it doesn't stop her immense guilt for hurting her friend like that.

Love wishes that conversation had happened in a different place at a different time. She knows had she been sober, things would have been alright. Love could have talked to him more in depth instead of slurring her words and not knowing quite what to say to him.

"Can I join?" Kam jogs next to the two girls, the football team joining their warmups.

"Yeah," Love smiles. Rayna observes the two who are seemingly fine. She doesn't understand how either of them can act like the other night didn't happen.

"Love!" Coach shouts, announcing that it's her time to start warm up's and practices for the stunt.

"Sorry," She chuckles, jogging into the direction of the gym mats and the coaches. Rayna and Kam continue their run together despite the girls absence. Talking to the coaches is another girl on the cheer team, Haylee. Love and Haylee don't necessarily see eye to eye. The passive aggressive comments from her enrage Love but she doesn't show it.

She has learned to be passive, peaceful, over the years. Love was a fighter as a kid. That was all she was taught in her house. Slowly, Love learned to let that go. She hasn't laid her hands on anyone since she got arrested at 15 for breaking a 40 year old mans nose when he put his hands on Dream.

"Coach, I just really think you guys should give me the Biles II solo," Classic Haylee, trying to take the spotlight that she hasn't yet earned. She gives Love a look as she approaches the group.

"Love," The coach begins, "Are you capable of doing the Biles II?" Her tone remains stern and serious. Love takes a minute to really think about whether or not she truly is capable of such a stunt.

"Yes." Love tells her, confident in her abilities. She is so close to getting it done, to perfecting it. Love knows that she can and also doesn't want to give anyone else the satisfaction of giving her move up. Haylee seems to stare daggers into her back. 

Haylee is sent off to continue her warm ups while Love is placed on the mat to keep attempting her move. Rayna and Kam are running when Haylee approaches, asking to run with them. Kam happily accepts, Rayna confused. 

After practice, Love and Rayna walk to the parking lot together. "Haylee was like... all over Kam at practice today," She laughs dryly. Love rolls her eyes. She doesn't care what Haylee or Kam are up to, or if they are up to anything by together. It is none of her business. 

"Fine by me," Love expresses honestly. Rayna knows her friend is being truthful, expressing that it doesn't bother her whatsoever. The two girls gossip mildly, making their way towards the cars. 

"Wanna do something soon?" Love asks Rayna. Lately, Love has been enjoying her time with friends more than anything. Maybe she is on the up. Or maybe she is just passing through a good period of her life. Either way, Love wants to spend as much time with the people important to her as possible. 

Dream is sitting in the parking lot when she knocks on his window, startling him off of his phone. "You scared the shit out of me, Love." He laughs, clutching his chest dramatically. She climbs in, laughing at him. Dream hands her his phone for aux, hers being dead and needing to charge. 

His lock screen, previously Patches, has been changed. Now it is a picture of her from the night of the party they threw at Dream's house. She is standing on the counter, smiling with her hands in the air. Love didn't know he got any pictures that night, especially ones of her. 

The drive home goes well. The two just talk about her practice and what he was doing while she was gone at school all day. He tells her all about the newest idea he has and is trying to execute it. 

When the two arrive home, Love decides that she needs allow her body to relax. Dream suggests the hot tub with a smug smile. With an eye roll, Love puts on her swimsuit while Dream makes sure it is hot enough for the two of them. 

"Pretty lady," Dream has a grin on his face, looking at the beautiful woman in front of him with nothing but admiration. Dream helps into the hot tub, careful for her knee. It has locked up and the two are trying to get it to ease up. 

There in the hot tub, the two rest in each others arms while Dream gently massages her knee in circles. "I missed this," He sighs. Love couldn't agree more. 

"I did too," Dream places a kiss on the top of her head. 

Rayna- HAYLEE ST CHARLES AND KAM SLEPT TOGETHER?

Rayna- ALREADY???? 

Love can't help but laugh at her friends franticness and drama obsession. She thinks it's weird that Haylee slept with Kam considering she always thought Kam and Love were dating. She also thinks it's weird that Kam caved in so easily. He isn't the type of guy to sleep around. 

Love shrugs it off. This has no other effect on her life other than information she will unintentionally hold in her brain. 

"What's that about?" Dream asks, glancing over to see her screen. Love shows it to him, laughing. "Who's Haylee?" 

"Think Pailey Jensen version 2," The couple laughs, thinking about her for the first time in a long time. Pailey always had it out for Love, even trying to get with Dream their senior year when paired for a science project. 

"You've got fans," Dream laughs, kissing her head once again before ducking his head under the water. 

Love is filled with so much infatuation for the man in front of her. She doesn't know how she got through the last few years without him or somebody who supports her like he always has. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------