Part 27

Static- Steve Lacy

<<< new boyfriend ain't gonna fill the void >>>

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The album continues on despite Dream's pain. Hearing her describe her own makes him feel it. Love deserves more than everyone has given her.

You go and I stay, it's always the right person and wrong way. I hate to be right, please, tell me I'm wrong. Cause its on again, off again. Love you like oxygen, i don't know what to say or do. On again, off again, love you like oxygen. You don't know what I'd do for you. (Habits- Genevieve Stokes)

The oxygen song. She posted it online, and it blew up in a matter of hours. She was finally getting the amount of recognition that she deserves and it made him so happy. The song, not so much. Love would, without a doubt, do absolutely anything for Dream. It was always them two against the world and he royally fucked that up. On again. Off again. Even after being done with her, Dream kept playing with her feelings.

He hopes this song, album in general, do as good as it deserves to. Was it even real is a masterpiece and he will wholeheartedly admit this. Even if the songs are about how much he messed up, he will die on the hill of supporting this album. Love deserves all the support.

Prop you up before i turn you off. Check your chest to see the broken parts. Run my fingers through your holographic heart, all systems down. Operation 792. Ill paint your wires bloody red and blue. Ill try whatever to connect to you, you shut me out. (Teaching a robot to love- Amelia Moore)

"This is actually so good," Karl is really hyped for this concept song. Teaching a Robot to Love. Trying to fix him.

"She ate," George jokes, but is serious about how good the song is. Production, lyrics, concept, execution. All around amazing.

Can you even feel? Do you even register my touch? Will you ever be able to love me someday? I know you're made of steel, but does it even hurt to see me bleed? Will you ever know what it means to be human? I don't know how...(Teaching a robot to love- Amelia Moore)

The 'i don't know how' resonates with him. I don't know how. He kept repeating it in his speech to her that one drunk night. He didn't know how to love her. He didn't know how, he didn't know how, he didn't know how. It really stuck with Love that night. How could he not know? She had been telling him all along. Didn't he know her?

I've been holding all the evidence. Cold and coded and expressionless. Artificial unintelligence, don't pull the plug. I could've sworn I caught you crying once, or maybe I just made that up. But I'm gonna love you until they pick apart my skin and bones, replace my heart with lithium and maybe we'll relate for once. (Teaching a robot to love- Amelia Moore)

The lithium line went crazy for all of them. They all begin to shout over each other. How did Love write that? They all admire how amazing she is. Love is just all around someone that is impossible to not at least respect. Her vocals on this track in specific go crazy. Love rarely belts but when she does, nobody expects it.

I don't know how to touch. Feel. Love. I don't know how to be human. (Teaching a robot to love- Amelia Moore)

When she finally finishes the 'i don't know how' Dream can finally understand how she interpreted that night. That line. She interpreted it as bullshit. He can't be human? He can't show her compassion? He can't just be good to her.

Dream wants to talk to her. To hear everything from her. To sit down and listen to her and let her truly know that he is more sorry than words could ever say. Dream is sorry. He doesn't want Love to accept it, he just wants her to know. To give her some sort of closure or acceptance like she so dearly deserves.

The group begins to talk about the trip happening in only 2 days. They have all been planning this for months, finding times where nobody is busy, sorting stays. Dream and Sapnap have decided to have a big party at their house with all of their friends. George, Karl, Tommy, Tubbo, and Ranboo are staying with Sapnap and Dream. Punz is housing some other friends and others got hotel rooms.

Wil is staying with Love, not that he has told many people about that. When finding out that Wil was coming to Florida, Love immediately offered up her basement couch. The two of them are great friends and she wants nothing more than to see him and spend whatever time she can with him. It's a school break so Love has no cheer or schooling, perfect timing.

As it turns out, Cora and the family planned a trip. Love, normally disappointed she wasn't invited, is ecstatic. Her whole family is going to be gone when Wil is home. They will have the house to themselves and Love is excited as can be. It is not everyday you meet your best friend for the first time.

Wilbur got off the plane 30 minutes ago. He finds himself in an uber with flowers in his hands, fiddling with the leaves as they fall off the stems. They're confused. Both of them don't know what they are, what they want to be, what they could be. They have never met in person, how could they possibly know what they're like together.

The flowers are more of a kind gesture with mild romantic tones than anything else. Love wouldn't be expecting Wil for another 2 hours. He told her a later time, wanting to surprise her. He gets out of the uber and begins walking towards her door, triple checking the address to make sure it is the right one.

Love hears a knock on the door. Her neighborhood is very active, lots of solicitors, so she doesn't think too much of it. Not until she opens the door and has to look up, past the flowers, at Wilburs face.

"Girl." Love is wide eyed, knowing the place is not nearly as clean as she wanted it to be for him, her groceries aren't here yet, and she is still in shorts and a sports bra. "What the actual fuck are you doing here Wil?" She drags him inside to hug him without the public view of the street watching them.

"I am a liar, Love," He tells her with a grin. She did not expect him to be so tall. Love knew he was tall, taller than Dream, but she still was not expecting him to feel like a giant. Love is decently short, the whole reason she could be a flyer.

"Nothings ready. I ordered your favorite groceries and I'm still washing the blankets for you and the house isn't clean," Love has a whole list of things wrong right now, just because. Love will always find the bad in herself or her settings.

"It's all perfect. Thank you," Placing a gentle hand on her shoulder, Wil gives her some needed reassurance. They don't know what to say for a few moments.

"I have baking stuff, board games, and lots of alcohol." Love tells him with a grin, going to the kitchen and showing him all of the stuff she laid down on the table for him to see. He laughs loudly and grabs her for a hug. She put so much effort into this for him and it is more than appreciated.

So for 24 hours straight, they play board game after board game, make mixed drinks after mixed drinks. They just enjoy each other's presence. But eventually, Wil has to go to a small party at Dream's house. A sort of welcome. Love is invited by allowing Wilbur to bring a plus one but she politely denies his offer.

She already agreed to meet him at the party next week and in her mind, that is more than enough socialization for his time here. Especially socialization that requires to be in Dreams general vicinity. In the home she lived in a lie in for over 6 months.

Dream knows that Wil is staying at Love's house. Quackity accidentally spilled. Dream was upset before reminding himself that she isn't his anymore. He has no right to feel that way.

He tries to remind himself to stay cool until Wilbur walks in the door..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Static- Steve Lacy

<<< new boyfriend ain't gonna fill the void >>>