Part 20

Nearly Witches- P!ATD

<<< ever since we met, i only shoot up with your perfume. it's the only thing that makes me feel as good as you >>>

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hi coach," One of the girls smiles when walking into the emergency meeting. Love greets Mabel with the same kind and happy energy. Most of the girls on her team, she loves. There's the rare few who just are not nice girls to work with.

As the girls pile into the bleachers, Love waits for them. They can tell something is off with her as normally she has the equipment out or something along the lines of this.

She begins to pace in front of her team. "It has come to my attention.. that a couple of you ladies have not only broken contract but also developed some seriously fucked up morals," Love isn't one for strong language, especially with her team. It's why they're so shocked to hear her.

The girls remain silent, almost all feeling guilty in their own ways. "Charolette, come here please," Love is using this as a learning experience. She is not a hard ass but she doesn't tolerate the things Lottie has been doing.

Charlotte, pretending to be confused, walks to the bottom of the bleachers. "Perhaps I should show this first?" On the screen she brought out, Love begins showing a video of Lottie harassing one of her classmates. The student realizes she is in deeper shit than she thought.

Her fellow teammates aren't surprised to see this, knowing who Lottie is and how borderline evil she can be. "Charlotte Bryant, you are no longer on my team."

Chaos erupts from her and her friends. Love doesn't catch all of it, just saying that it isn't fair and everything else along the lines. "That was a joke! You can't kick me off the team because of that. I have been cheering since I was 5. It's my senior year, Love!" Love sympathizes with how the girl feels. But Lottie dug her grave and Love is not to blame for that.

"I understand that. But I will not allow any of my team members harass and bully students here. Am I understood?" The rest of the team nods with her. "Take this as a lesson. If you are doing drugs on campus or harassing students like our previous member here, I will not hesitate to boot you." Lottie stands there, seeing red. She doesn't know whether to cry or scream.

Love dismisses the team, watching them all pile out quietly. Charlotte stays, needing to talk to Love. "My parents are on their way. You cannot do this," Her anger is evident.

"We can discuss when your parents get here then," Love tells her simply, beginning to wrap the chords up for the tv that she just exposed Lottie on.

Surely enough, Mr and Mrs Bryant are over within 5 minutes and fuming. "You cannot kick my daughter off the team she is the best member you have." The mom is so sure of this it makes Love audibly laugh. "You think that's funny?" Love sets her things down.

"Yes ma'am, I do." Love keeps it polite, angering them all even more. Her father stays silent and that's probably for the best. "Your daughter is lazy. She complains during practice non-stop, she is never in formation during parades, she talks her way through games, I don't remember the last time she has brought her own pom poms, and quite frankly, she's a lousy dancer." Both her and her parents are horribly astounded by Loves sudden outburst. "Mr and Mrs Bryant, your daughter is a bully and broke her drug contract on top of it. Charlotte is no longer welcome on my team."

Her father steps up amongst his emotional wife and daughter. Lottie is staring daggers into Love as her dad begins to speak. "What's your price?" Love is lost. Why would be asking something like that? "Let's make all of this go away. I know you're in college, tuitions gotta be a lot. Name a price and we can make this go away. Lottie can be back on the team, you can write her a great letter of recommendation, you get your tuition handled?" Now she gets it. Love takes a step towards the man.

"You cannot buy my morals. Charlotte is a mean girl who has no place on my team. And you are mistaken if you expect me to write that little monster a letter of recommendation. Take your daughter and leave. Now." She is now in the man's face. In no world would Love ever let this slide.

The family leaves with lots of protests and promises of getting her job.

"Everything ok?" Dream asks, walking onto the field after she was late for pickup. He saw the commotion but didn't intervene, staying in the back until they left.

"That was the girl who has been terrorizing Claire. A previous team member of mine," Love begins packing up as Dream can't help but admire her. They are an influential family at this school and yet Love had the courage to boot her.

"You're so hot," he laughs, meaning it. Love rolls her eyes and forces him to help her in getting the tv back to the gym.

In the car, Dream holds her hand. Love can't get over how they are now. How they're back. How they're better than ever. How much they've both learned and grown up. Love is grateful for the past few months. It has brought her so much closure and happiness and opened a path she thought was forever closed. Love never thought her and Dream could be with each other again. She grieved their love, their future, their past. It's as if their love was resurrected, as if they pressed play after years of pause.

Sapnap catches Dreams attention as soon as they get in the door, talking about George and his visa progress. Love slips away, needing to take a nice shower and decompress after the afternoon she had. There's a mild amount of guilt in her chest from kicking Lottie off the team. But what she has been doing to not only Claire, but other students, is unacceptable.

Dream excuses himself when Sapnap is finished telling him all of the details of their friend. He wants to find Love, see how she is doing and what she may need right now. The room is empty, Dream figures she slipped past him, into the kitchen or something. Then, she walks out of the bathroom in a towel. Its his turn to blush, just like Love did months prior, just taking her in. Love has always beautiful and Dream is in awe, seeing her like this again after so long.

"I told you so," Love grins. She did not intentionally walk out in her towel, but isn't uncomfortable with it either. He is confused by her words and Love can tell. "I told you that you would act the same way I did," He cocks his head, just taking her in. Love's comment did something to him, her cockiness.

Love grows more and more nervous with Dreams eyes on her. He takes a couple of quick strides and pushes her into the bathroom, closing the door behind him. Love, out of breath from the motion and shock leaned against the counter, clutching her towel.

The two just look at each other, wondering what to do next. Save their current relationship or give into their desires. Love makes the next move, grabbing the hem of his shirt and pulling into her. It is electric, feeling him so passionately and intensely. Like she needs him. It is passionate and breathtaking. It feels like she is on top of the world, his lips colliding with hers. His body is pressed against hers, her legs wrapped around him as she sits on top of the counter.

The towel shortly gets discarded, his hands traveling her bare body and leaving goosebumps in its wake.

The two find themselves laying in the bed, the sheets tangled with their bodies.

"You will always be a special part of me, Love," There has always and will always be a special place in his heart for Love. For the gentle girl a couple doors down who cried and begged him to let the frog go. Who smacked him across the face their freshman year when he convinced guys to not take her to homecoming. Who came over when he got into a car accident and laid with him. For the woman who gave him unconditional love time and time again, even when he didn't deserve it.

"I know," She tells him quietly.

The two lay in bed, neither quite knowing what to say or do next. They just want to soak in the time they have together now.

"I love you," Love tells him quietly. The words ring in his ears. She still loves him. After it all, he still has her.

There is nothing Dream is more grateful for than Lovanna Olivers.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nearly Witches- P!ATD

<<< ever since we met, i only shoot up with your perfume. it's the only thing that makes me feel as good as you >>>