chapter 37

The Sunday evening was cool and windy and I sat at the foot of my bed, waiting for a certain boy to come crawling through my window. It had become a daily ritual ever since that day... three days ago. It had become the highlight of my day. I mean, it's not like there really was anything else to look forward to, being trapped in the apartment and all. But he managed to make the day feel so much for fulfilling than it actually was. 

My phone buzzed in the pocket of my sweatshirt.

peter <3:

wanna see a movie with me ?? :)

I could feel my face beaming as I read his text.

me:

yesssss! do u have one in mind?

peter:

horror movie.....? is that ok? it was ned's idea

me:

:o is ned coming too???

peter: 

yea i guess so....... is that ok?

me: 

of course, i just don't want him to feel like a third wheel :(

peter:

well he begged to join us and i couldn't say no.

me:

oh? did u want it to be just us?

peter:

well........ maybe....?

me:

ohh 😏well see u in 30 <3

peter:

see u :)

I reluctantly put my phone down to get ready. I would be lying if I said I wasn't just a little disappointed that Ned was coming-- I loved him but it was definitely going to be awkward. I knew what it was like to be a third-wheel, I mean, I had to work with Cora and Ava everyday for God's sake.

The amount of time it took for me to pick out an outfit was nowhere near the 30 minute mark as I'd planned, but I'd finally settled on one.

I adjusted my skirt, and stared into the mirror. I'd never really cared for how I looked but something was different with Peter. I wanted him to think I was pretty, as desperate and stupid as it sounded. Validation was never something I sought out but now it was like I craved it.

David was lounging on the sofa as I quietly walked down the hallway into the living room.

"... Do you mind if I mayb-"

His eyes widened with concern, "Absolutely not. You must be out of your mind if you think I'm gonna let you go out into the city again... after what happened."

"Daviddd! Please! I'm just going with with friends!" I folded my arms across my chest, praying my sad, pitiful expression was enough to convince him.

"Nope! End of discussion." He lifted himself off the couch with a grunt, heading towards the kitchen. My brows were knitted as I followed him.

"Please! I promise I'll stay out of trouble! I'll take pepper spray- or a knife, David!"

He looked at me, in thought. I daintily blinked, batting my eyelashes.

"Fine, but I'm coming with you." An obnoxiously proud smile took it's place on his lips as he walked over to the mudroom to put his coat on.

I groaned, loudly. "Are you kidding?"

"Nope."

Our dispute was cut short as a knock was heard from the other side of the door. Before David could reach the door, I abruptly cut in front of him to look through the peep hole. It was Peter and Ned. I smiled warmly and opened the door.

"Hey, Y/N." Peter greeted as my gaze landed upon him. David shot me a look of confusion, with his brow arched, and I took it as a sign to properly introduce them.

I sighed softly, nudging my older brother forward, "Hi, Peter... um, this is my brother, David, by the way..."

The brown haired boy in front of me nervously stuck his hand out, and David shook it, his expression still skeptical.

"Nice to meet you- S-Sir."

I watched, with a sweet smile, as Peter became increasingly nervous under the intimidating gaze that my brother was purposely displaying. I cut David a glare as soon as I realized what he was doing. Just to make him even more annoyed, I pulled Peter in for a hug, and he hesitantly wrapped my arms around me, still aware that my brother was watching. 

"Alright, get a room." I could hear David whisper under his breath.

My eyes suddenly landed on Ned, and I realized I had forgotten to introduce him. "Oh! David, this is Ned, a friend from school."

Ned smiled and shook my brother's hand, "Awesome to meet you, sir... Oh my god, is that an East Tech University t-shirt? Do you go there? What's it like? I heard it was like super hard to get in. I actually had this cousin that went there but he apparently cheated on like a bunch of tests and got expell-"

I could sense David was getting irritated, "Okay! Why don't we head out, guys! Hope you don't mind but David has insisted that he joins us..."

"No, that's fine." Peter nodded, a hint of disappointment clouded his eyes.

I sent him an apologetic smile and turned to close the door as David and I both joined Peter and Ned in the hall.

David strategically walked between Peter and I, as we began our walk to the theaters. I huffed and rolled my eyes, hoping he'd get the memo. He either didn't or was just blatantly ignoring it because he didn't budge one bit. Before I could think of a different way, we had approached the bright, flashy building of the movie theaters, and the line surprisingly wasn't as long as I'd thought it'd be. 

Ned's face beamed with excitement as he studied the movie posters on the building's wall, and I couldn't help but smile at the sight.

It was only about 15 minutes until the movie started, and the four of us quickly ushered in, taking a notice to the familiar surroundings of a dark theater. I hadn't been to one in years but on the rare occasions that my parents did take us, I loved every moment. The dim light and big screen made everything else feel irrelevant and surreal. 

David went to great lengths to ensure that Peter wouldn't get the chance to sit next to me. I rolled my eyes and pouted as the movie started.

A/N: BRO im so sorry this chapter is long overdue and has been sitting in my drafts for like a month or so. anyways i hope you enjoyed even tho it was kinda boring. dont worry next chapter is gonna be better, bye!!!!