𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 14

A/N: I think im gonna switch Y/N's pov to first person bc idk lmao

It had been a few days since Saturday, my date with Alexander. We had gotten a little closer since then. He would always walk with me if we had the same class or text me after school. I'd be lying if I said I hadn't caught feelings for him. I had also visited my grandmother, only to find her in the same state as the last. It wasn't likely that she would get any better.

It was now Wednesday, and school was out after a long day. Pulling out my phone, I got the directions for the hospital and started to venture through the city. A dark blanket of gray clouds covered the sky, blocking the bright sun. You started to walk faster, knowing what follows after dark clouds. 

A few minutes later it had started to lightly rain.

Great, the one day I don't have an umbrella

At this point, I was practically running through the pouring rain, desperate to arrive at the hospital. All of a sudden, as I ran down the street, I heard someone from behind me.

"Y/N!"

I abruptly stopped and turned around. 

Peter.

He was holding an umbrella, walking towards me. I realized I probably looked like a hot mess. My hair was soaking wet, as water dripped from the ends and my clothes were soaked through. I was a tad bit embarrassed, as rain droplets dripped down my face. Peter immediately held the umbrella over my dripping-wet frame.

"Thanks, Peter... you didn't have to." I shivered from the cold rain.

"Oh, n-no, it's no problem, really."

As we walked side by side, I soon realized how close we actually were, especially when my hand accidentally brushed against his. I shuddered and moved my hand away, as a hot sensation rose up to my face.

                                                                 *Peter's POV*

A blush crept on my face as Y/N's hand brushed against mine. She immediately moved her hand, which made a sad-like feeling wash over me for some reason. I couldn't help but feel she was becoming increasingly more distant. She never talks to me as much as she did. Even when I would see her as Spider man, she would barely say a word. It was as if she was a whole different person, and I didn't know why. I would be lying if I said it didn't drive me at least a little crazy. The more she avoided me the more these feelings grew.

The silence was awkward as we walked together. 

                                                                 *Y/N's POV*

I was repressing my feelings and I knew Peter could tell. 

The tension is so thick you can cut it with a knife

A few minutes later, I saw the hospital and stopped in my tracks.

"Oh... bye, Peter, and thanks, again."  I said in a monotone voice.

Peter glanced at the hospital, and then back to me.

He nodded, "See you later."

I gave him a weak smile and stepped back out into the freezing rain. My feelings got the best of me as I thought of how bad I wanted to go back to him, but I shoved these thoughts down and continued to walk into the building, without looking back.

A little while later, when I was finally called from the waiting room, I followed the nurse to my grandma's hospital room. As I entered the chilly room, I knew to keep my hopes down, knowing what to expect. And, of course, she was still the same. Some part of me still had hope, but it all went away as soon as I stepped in that room. 

My visit today was going to be shorter today, so the nurse waited by the door. 

I looked over to the windowsill, where the blue roses were, or at least what was left of the roses. A lot of the petals had fallen, and what was left of the petals were withered and brown. I sighed, looking back to my grandmother. Her chest rose and fell as she breathed somewhat steadily. All of a sudden, a random thought entered my mind.

Where is Miss Barlowe?

After my visit, I decided to go back to the front desk. It was a dumb question and I didn't want to bother the front desk lady, but I was becoming increasingly curious.

"Hi... I just wanted to know if Miss Charlotte Barlow was here?" I asked the front desk lady, as she looked up at me, "She was the health care worker who admitted my grandma here."

"I'll have a look."

With that, she got up from her seat and walked into a different room.

It had been a few minutes before she came back.

"I'm sorry, deary, we don't have a Charlotte Barlowe here."

...

"W-What...?" I faltered.

"There's no record of her here as a health care worker, or anywhere in Queens, for that matter."

My hands dropped to my side as I looked at her in utter confusion.

Who was this Charlotte Barlowe then?

A/N: this chapter is little shorter than I initially intended but i kinda wanted to leave it off at a cliffhanger so yeah lol

merry christmas btw luvs <3 and see you guys next chapter :)