𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 24

A/N: eeee im so excited for this chapter- and u should be too ;) 

 🎕 ┈┈┈┈ 🎕 ┈┈┈┈ 🎕

The music from the building was so loud you could practically hear it a mile away.

"Hey, you can go ahead, I'm gonna park the car."

Lily smiled, running a hand through her perfectly curled, blonde hair.

"Alrighty, I'll grab you a drink then in the mean time."

"Thanks, see you later."

I waved and pushed the car door shut, as she soon drove off. Students filed into the big glass doors of the school, which was lit up by string lights and lanterns. 

The sound of heels and shoes hitting the hard floor filled the hall, along with the muffled noise of music coming from the cafeteria. I chose to take an alternative route considering the main entrance to the cafeteria was extremely crowded and people were practically on top of each other.

The volume of the music hit my ears like a wave as I entered the loud, crowded room. Colorful streamers were hung up on the ceiling, fairy lights lined the ceiling and walls, people danced, talked and hogged the food and drink table.

A nervous feeling began to cloud my my senses as I sheepishly smoothed out my dress, taking in the overwhelming surroundings. As if on cue, my eyes landed directly on a familiar pair of eyes, and all the built-up nervous feelings began to slowly melt away, my features relaxed and the tension in my shoulders dropped. My eyes did not break away, however, neither did his.

"Heyy, there she is." Alexander said from behind me.

Flash was standing next to him, on his phone.

Alexander slipped his arm around my shoulders, "I was looking for you."

I automatically smiled, looking up at him, but my eyes found it's way back Peter's. Except, I was now only staring at empty space, where a figure used to stand. My smile dropped.

"Is something wrong?"

My attention immediately reverted to the blonde boy standing next to me.

I quickly shook my head and smiled, "No, of course not... I'm going to grab me and Lily a drink though, I'll meet you by the dance floor later."

"Cool, I'll see you then... can't wait." he winked.

I managed to choke out a fake chuckle as I turned to food table. 

Grabbing two red, solo cups, I poured a pitcher of punch into the cups, the cliché kind you see at every school dance. All of a sudden, I heard two voiced behind me.

"Ned, stop don't-"

"Heyyyy, Y/N, what's up?" Ned said.

"Oh- hey, Ned... Peter..."

I trailed off at the sight of Peter standing next to Ned. His expression was a mix of embarrassment and distress.

"Well, anyways Peter's gotta tell you something... so bye!"

With that, Ned swiftly turned around and scurried away, leaving Peter standing right in front of me, as he nervously glanced at the floor.

"So- um, what did you want to tell me?" 

I almost had to yell due to the booming sound of the loud music. Peter's eyes immediately trailed from the floor to my eyes, as his eyebrows widened.

"I- well, um- I didn't really have anything to say..."

My head tilted in confusion and my lips dropped into a frown, as if I had been expecting a different response, "Oh... ok then..."

I turned to walk away, before Peter grabbed my arm gently.

He sighed, as if trying to gather the right words. Peter had mumbled something, but I couldn't hear it over the music. My features only grew more visibly confused. He gulped, and soon leaned forward, close to my ear.

"I just wanted to say that you look really pretty."

My eyes widened. The words caught me off guard, as they were said with sincerity. It didn't sound fake, unlike the stuff Alexander says. His grip on my wrist loosened, and his hand gently grazed my own. Before I could reply, he awkwardly smiled and walked off.

Butterflies.

"Thanks for the drink, Y/N!" Lily shouted.

I giggled and sipped my own. The cool liquid calmed my dry, hoarse throat, from all the yelling over the loud music. As I sighed, I found myself looking over to my right, where Peter had been standing. Once his eyes met mine I quickly looked away, hoping to find something else to distract my eyes. 

"Hey, I'm gonna go to the bathroom, I'll be right back." I exhaled, hoping to find some relief from this suffocating aroma as I walked away.

There were maybe one or two people in the hall as I made my way to the restroom. As soon as I entered the room, I immediately sighed, feeling all the built up tension in my rib cage melt away. Loud, crowded rooms make me feel extremely overwhelmed and if I had stayed there any longer I'd probably pass out. 

I leaned over the sink, and put my hands on both sides to support myself as I panted like a dog. My eyes trailed to the mirror in front of me. My skin was flushed and sticky from nervous sweat and my hair had started to cling to the sides of my face. Realizing I looked like a mess, I quickly brushed the loose strands of hair back, when I remembered the words that had been spoken to me. I've never considered myself "pretty" before, especially when my mom and older sister were around. They hogged most of the beauty in the family, while I was only known for my stubborn, hard-ass personality, even as a child. I honestly don't remember a lot about my older sister, other than the fact that I used to have one and that she didn't get along with me and my brother.

My chest rose and fell as I regain my breath. With one last sigh, I exited to bathroom and walked down the hall. This time, it was empty, and the only noise I could hear was the music and my shoes hitting the tile floor as I walked. Once I had passed the glass trophy case, something gripped my waist, along with a gloved hand that placed firmly against my mouth, muffling my cry of surprise. 

Everything went dark.

A/N: lol sorry for the cliffhanger. anywayssss i hope you like it so far and im excited for the next chapter ;))) (also if there are any mistakes just tell me and ill fix them later bc im hella lazy ngl)

anyways i hope you had/have a nice day and i'll see you next chapter <3