𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 02

A/N: I hope this chapter is a little more eventful and long lol

The most dreaded part of the day had finally rolled around. 

Lunch time.

You were never fond of lunch period considering you didn't have many people to sit with. No one was really ever willing to talk to you, well that was until this morning. You were actually proud that you had made two new acquaintances today, however, you doubt that they would want to sit with you.

You reluctantly walked into the cafeteria, scanning the room for any familiar faces. You immediately saw Lily with her bright colored top, sitting next to a group of students. You flashed her slightly worried smile when she saw you standing in the doorway. Slowly walking to the table, you noticed a boy with blonde hair. He grinned at you. As you sat down next to Lily, you awkwardly smiled.

He's kinda... cute

He kept glancing at you throughout lunch.

As Lily was talking, you found yourself looking to your right. At the end of the table you were sitting at was the brown haired boy you had bumped into earlier. There was a boy sitting next to him and they looked to be talking to a girl with wavy, brown hair at the very end of the table.

"Y/N... are you listening?"

Your attention reverted back to Lily, who was eyeing you with worry. 

"Oh... um, sorry about that." you replied, plastering a meek smile.

"You seem to have a habit of zoning out."

You nodded awkwardly as she lightly chuckled.

"Well, as I was saying," she continued, "there's going to be a party at Liz's house tonight."

Lily gestured to a pretty girl with dark hair sitting a couple seats away.

"Oh, cool."

"Will you be able to come... by any chance?" she asked with puppy dog eyes.

"I'll try."

She flashed you a bright grin, making you smile as well. 

"Great!" she exclaimed as she clasped her hands together excitedly.

The day dragged on and on until the bell rang and it was finally the end of the day. If you were being completely honest, it wasn't the worst first day you've ever had. You'd managed to make a friend and was even invited to a party... which wasn't really your type of thing but oh well.

Maybe this year wont be as terrible as I thought, you thought to yourself as you exited to the school building.

As you walked down the busy, noisy streets, you took in the crisp, warm aroma of the city. You were glad to be out of the house again. After a long summer cooped up in your small, deathly silent apartment, you were thrilled to be out and about once again. 

You finally reached your destination. The Green Café.

Walking around the building into an alleyway, you dug through your backpack until you found a silver key. You unlocked the back door and headed inside. As usual, there weren't as many people working in your late shift. Just Ava and Cora working in the kitchen, leaving you to work at the front.

You tied a sage green apron around your waist as you made your way towards the register. Scanning the the little café, you noticed there wasn't many customers. Just the regulars. You liked to take the later shifts not only because it was more convenient with your schedule, but it was also easier to work because there was barely anybody there.