𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 01

Quick A/N (hopefully):                                                                                                                                                  (italics are thoughts and I might switch pov's sometimes.... maybe?)

It was 6:42 in the morning when you reluctantly got out of bed, heading to the bathroom across the hall. Grabbing your toothbrush from the drawer, you brushed your teeth and attempted to stay awake as you were slowly nodding off. You hadn't got much sleep last night due to today being your first day of sophomore year and if you were being honest, you weren't really excited.

Once you returned to your room, you swiftly pulled on your clothes and glanced at the mirror in the corner of your room.

Good enough.

It's not like you had anyone to impress at school anyways.

Looking over to your messy bed, you tidied the pillows and comforter before exiting your bedroom. You walked down the hall and stopped at a door. Peering through the door, you saw your grandmother resting peacefully on her bed with a somber frown. Your grandmother had been bedridden for a while now and you were the one that had to take care of her, since your older brother had dropped out of high school and became a lazy and unkind person. 

You gently tapped her shoulder and she slowly woke up. Her somber frowned turned into a tired, gentle smile. 

"Oh, hello, dear." 

"Hi, grandma." you replied as you reached into her nightstand for her medications.

She then took her medications with a gulp of water and sighed, looking at you with a smile.

"Have a good day at school." she said in a hoarse voice.

You smiled and squeezed her hand gently.

"I will."

Once you had finished caring for your grandmother, you headed to the living room and kitchen area, where your brother happened to be.

"Hey, Y/N, grab me a piece of toast, I'm kind of in a hurry." he asked with with a sour tone, not looking up from the TV.

You discreetly rolled your eyes as you walked past him and into the kitchen. Popping the slice of bread in the toaster, you shot David (your brother) a glare for being utterly lazy. He dropped out of school at 17 and instead of taking or at least sharing the responsibility of caring for your grandmother, he left it all to you, a 15 year old just trying to get by and live a decent-ish life.

The toast popped up from the toaster, interrupting your train of thoughts.

You put the toast on a plate, taking in the aroma of the freshly toasted bread before walking to the living room and handing it to your brother

Not even a "thank you".

You turned to look at what he was watching. On the news, showed a video of the "Spider-Man" attacking thiefs that were attempting to rob a jewelry store. The owner of the jewelry store wasn't very pleased considering there was a lot of damage due to Spider-Man's recklessness. 

You watched for a bit until you realized you were gonna be late.

You walked down the busy street, smiling at shop owners and civilians you were familiar with.

A couple minutes later, you reached Midtown High and trailed behind a large group of freshman's into the building. As you walked through the hall, you exchanged friendly smiles with students that you had previous classes with. 

All of a sudden, you felt someone collide against your shoulder. You looked over and it was a boy with brown hair who had also turned to look at you.

"Oh- I-I'm really sorry." he said apologetically with a distressed look.

The corner of your lips tugged into a small smile.

"No, no, it's my fault, I should have watched where I was going."

He awkwardly chuckled, "Well, um- sorry... again."

With that, he nodded and continued walking down the hall.

Well, that was awkward...

The bell rang and you continued walking down crowded hall, looking for your first class of the day.

As you entered the classroom, you felt eyes following you as you sat down at your seat, since you happened to be a few minutes late. Pulling out your notebook, your eyes trailed over to a blonde girl who was staring at you. She noticed this and smiled brightly.

"Sorry for staring, I was just thought your bracelet was really pretty." 

You smiled back, "Oh, thanks." 

Your gaze fell to your bracelet, but your smile turned into a thoughtful frown. It was a gift from your parents before they had... well... disappeared. You never liked to think about it but you felt yourself going deeper and deeper into your thoughts. Well, that is until the girl had interrupted it.

"Are you...okay?"

"Oh, yes, sorry." you replied, a little startled. "I just zoned out for second."

"Oh, I see... I'm Lily, by the way."

"I'm Y/N, nice to meet you."

You both shared one last friendly smile before turning your attention back to the teacher, who had been writing something on the board. When you went to write it down, you remembered the bracelet, along with your train of thought. Apparently, the teacher had called on your name some reason, without you realizing.

"Miss Holmes, is there a problem?"

You blinked out of your trance and looked up to see Ms. Woods with her arms crossed, looking at you. You shrunk down in your seat, embarrassed, since people had started to stare. 

"No, sorry." you replied, meekly.

Ms. Woods nodded her head and continued talking. You quietly sighed, hunching over your desk and resting your face against your palm.

Well, that's certainly a way to start off the year...

A/N: Hello! it's the end of the first chapter and all i cant say is that it's quite boring. This chapter is more just to start the book off but i'm hoping it gets better... hopefully...?

Anyways I hope you liked reading this so far! :) <3

(4/9/2022) heyy i changed "l/n" (last name) to an actual last name just so it makes sense in the upcoming story line. byee