𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 13

After you had scarfed down your sandwich and pumpkin spice latte, you both left the cafe and were now walking side by side down the busy street, enjoying the surroundings.

                                                          *Peter's POV*

Aunt May was running around, looking at all the decor and candle vendors, as I followed behind.

As Aunt May looked through a shelf of scented candles, I looked over to the crowd and noticed a familiar pair. It was Y/N and Alexander, from school. Something about the sight made an odd feeling wash over me, especially when Y/N smiled and laughed. 

I attempted to shake the feeling and ignore it, but that all failed when Y/N glanced and smiled at me. I gave her a weak smile and waved. As soon as I did, Alexander noticed and side-eyed me, as if with distaste. I ignored him and just turned back to Aunt May, who was still smelling the candles.

                                                         *2nd Person POV*

You continued to walk with Alexander, talking and laughing. Suddenly, you felt someone walk between you and Alex.

"Well if it isn't my favorite couple."

Flash.

He wrapped an arm around you and Alexander as you all walked. You discreetly rolled your eyes at his existence and attempted to shrug his arm off.

"Damnnn Y/N, nice dress." he said, eyeing you up and down.

Ah, yes, there's one of the reasons you don't dress up.

You were about to make a "bitchy" reply, but he spoke up again.

"Well, I'll leave you too love birds alone, see you later, Alex."

"See ya." Alexander said as Flash removed his arms and walked the opposite direction.

The rest of the walk was in silence as you reached the subway station. Once you reached the train platform, your train back home was already there.

"Oh, that's my train... thanks for paying and taking me out, by the way." you said, turning to face Alexander.

"Sure thing, and thanks for coming."

It was silence for a couple seconds before  you noticed him leaning closer and closer. He quickly pecked your lips. You were a little startled at first, as your breath hitched.

Did that just happen?

When he pulled away, you attempted to hide your smile as you entered the train in disbelief.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

You felt like squealing but tried to hold it in, considering the amount of people. You glanced at him in the window, and he waved as the train started moving.

Around 20 minutes later, you had reached your destination after a long train ride. You groggily sat up and rubbed your eyes, since you had almost fallen asleep. Exiting the train and walking up the exit stairs into the city, you checked the time. 8:36 PM. You walked into the quiet city, noticing the scarce amount of people. It made sense though, since it was pretty late.

As you enjoyed your quiet walk home, you thought about this afternoon. You started to have mixed feelings for some reason. On one hand, you have Peter, who's super sweet and has been there from the start, but on the other hand, there's Spider boy who is incredibly kind and caring, and then on the other hand, there is Alexander, who is flirtatious but very sweet. You didn't really know what to think anymore.

All of these thoughts started to give you a headache, so you took in a deep breath. All of a sudden, you heard a noise coming from an alleyway you were walking by. Stopping in your tracks, you looked over to the dark area, becoming increasingly curious. There was a brown, cardboard box on the ground. You looked around for a second before looking into the box. There was a black kitty cat sitting in it, meowing. You kneeled down on the ground and carefully let the cat sniff your hand, before you slowly moved your hand to pet it's head. The cat had pretty green eyes but a scruffy coat. As you pet it, you noticed a green collar on it's neck. Ember, the tag read. The kitty cat seemed very friendly, which most likely mean someone had owned it before. You wonder what happened to the poor thing to be out here in this shape. You had never been the biggest fan of cats, but you made an exception for this one.

Considering the bad, dirty state it was in, you figured it had been out here for a while.

"I'm gonna regret this." you said, picking up the cat and holding it in your arms.

As you continued walking down the sidewalk, the cat only burrowed further into your embrace. Could it have many diseases and illnesses that could spread to you? Maybe. But you could care less.

A couple minutes later when you reached your apartment complex, you entered the building and carefully climbed the stairs, the cat still in your arms. Unlocking your door was quite the hassle with the cat. You entered your apartment.

"Oh hell no." David said, the second you had opened the door.

You couldn't help but laugh at his expression. 

"What's the matter, brother?" you asked, sarcastically.

He scoffed, looking at the cat, "You know why."

David may or may not be a teensy bit allergic to cats. 

"I couldn't resist!"

He rolled his eyes and looked back at his laptop screen. You let the cat down and it hesitated a little before walking and sniffing around. David kept his distance, to say the least. 

As the cat explored you opened the cabinets in the kitchen and grabbed a small bowl, filling it with some water. You placed it on the ground and the second you did, the cat came right up and started to drink it, as if it hadn't had a sip of water in days. You watched as the frail, black cat lapped up the water. 

A few minutes later, when the cat had practically drank a whole gallon of water, you walked down the hall to your room. The cat attempted to follow you but you gently closed the door. You exhaled sharply and slipped off your shoes, along with you dress.

After you had put on your pajamas, you opened your bedroom door, looking for the cat. Walking out into the living room, you immediately noticed the cat sitting on the sofa, your brother side-glanced it with a "scared shitless" expression. You tried to stifle your laugh by covering your mouth, but failed. You chuckled loudly as he looked up at you and rolled his eyes.

"Aww, come on, David, Ashe loves you." you teased and sat down next to the cat, "I'm gonna go to bed now."

"I don't care, just take this demon... thingy away from me."

You giggled childishly as you picked up the cat and walked back to your bedroom, shutting the door behind you. You let the cat jump out of your arms and onto your bed, as it immediately burrowed into your duvet and pillow. You then slipped into the covers and laid your head on the soft, comforting pillow. The cat settled on the same pillow, right above your head. As you tried to fall asleep, you looked out your window as your mixed feelings started to come back to you. It was like your mind was being divided between the three. The thoughts started to give you a headache, so you shut your eyes and dozed off into a soft slumber.

A/N: hiii guys, hope you are having a good day :) 

kinda random but i just had a question for anyone, do you guys prefer short fics (15-30 chapters) or long fics (30+ chapters) ???