chapter 36

I flashed him a small smile, sighing, "Sorry for this too."

I pecked him on the lips, quickly pulling away, and immediately feeling regret. My instinct of overthinking took over.

"That was a bad idea, shit, I'm sorry." I stood up, heading toward the window before Peter tugged on my jacket, pulling me back.

Once I turned around, I was met with his hand cupping my face. His lips slowly landed on mine. I closed my eyes, internally screaming. Weeks ago I could have never imagined myself in this situation, not just kissing some super hero but actually being happy, content. 

The floorboards made a low creaking noise in the hallway, I slightly pulled away, knowing David would lose his shit if he saw us.

"You should probably get back, I know how your aunt can be." I bit my lip, nodding.

He sighed, "Oh- yea..."

He wrapped me in a tight hug. I was a little confused at first but I soon snaked my arms around his waist. Smiling, I pressed the side of my face to his chest.

"See you tomorrow?" the brunette boy questioned, loosening his grip. He hesitated for a second but he soon brought his thumb up to my face, stroking my jawline.

"See you tomorrow." 

His dorky grin didn't fade, even when he was climbing through my window and out onto the fire escape. I collapsed on my bed, staring at the ceiling. Wow, is the only thought that entered my mind. As confused as I was, I couldn't stop smiling. And for the first time, it wasn't the night in the asylum that clung to my train of thought, instead it was everything that had just happened a minute ago. My heart was thumping like crazy, and it wasn't because I was anxious, unusual as it sounds. 

There was a soft knock at the door, followed by a voice.

"You doin' alright, Y/N?" David asked from behind the door.

"Yep, just fine."

Footsteps were the last thing I heard before I turned off the lights and curled up into my bed.

School had given me a few days to cool off so I didn't have deal with school work right after being in the hospital for a month. Which sounds amazing but I was bored out of my mind, sprawled out on the sofa. David had left for work, leaving me all alone in the apartment. 

The sound of the clock ticking and TV echoed throughout the empty room. Once the ads were over it cut to the local news anchor, and a Bank of America came into view. 

"Good morning, New York." A news reporter began, "We got word of a Queens bank robbery that broke out earlier this morning. Witnesses say the suspects were armed heavily and wore masks. Evidently four people were injured and two have unfortunately died at the scene."

My brows furrowed with sorrow and my lips formed a tight line.

"Thanks to our friendly, neighborhood hero, Spiderman, the deaths and casualties were kept at a low amount."

A smile made it's way on my expression when it cut to a recording of him waving to the camera in front of the bank, his arm around one of the burglar's necks. I chuckled.

a/n: lmao im too lazy to write anything else right now so here you go, sorry for the delay <3 hope you enjoyed !!! sorry for any typos/mistakes.