20

"I'll. Drive"

He folds his arms and leans against the car, utterly calm and not at al fazed by my biting tone. "No. I haven't ever seen you drive and I don't want to die in a car accident"

We've been at this for a while now. He won't budge and let me drive. We are just wasting time here.

I throw my hands in the air, frustrated by him and his attitude.

"We need to get there on time. Believe me this is not a fucking game. Let. Me. Drive." I put emphasises on my last words and anyone with at least half a mind would understand the warning in my voice but seems like he doesn't fall into that category of normal people or he wouldn't look as relaxed leaning against the car as he is.

Or he simply doesn't care. I think it's the latter because he has already proved that he loves to get on my nerves. Usually people stay out of my way and try not to get my temper high but he is not one of those and it is infuriating. I have had my fair share of dealing with assholes and men who think they are better but that always ended with them regretting it.

I don't know why he affects me this much. I usually have a check on my temper but when it comes to him I lose all my patience. I hate it.

"That's exactly what I'm saying. We'll be late if we don't leave now. I don't know why you're making this so tough" he shrugs looking totally unaffected by glare.

I straighten and fist my hands tightly making the nails dig in my skin. The slight pain distracts my mind from the overwhelming need to punch him and I walk towards the passenger side. "Fine. But don't say I didn't warn you when we reach there."

Before he could reply I yank open the door and slide in. 

"What does that mean" his icy voice fills the car as he settles in his seat and shuts the door.

I shrug nonchalantly and give him an amused smirk "You'll find out"
I fasten my seatbelt and get comfortable all while he stares at me warily
"Any minute now Mr. Rosiello"

He releases a frustrated breath and turns the engine on. "You are the most irritating person I've ever met" he grits.
"Likewise" I return back 

***

We've been driving for an hour now when the forest starts to grow thicker. A smirk tugs at my mouth. Anyone would think twice before continuing this way and that's the advantage he has when he chose this location for creating his empire. Crazy motherfucker.

"You're sure we're going the right way? This looks like a road towards our death rather than a house" Lorenzo voices his concern.

"Scared I'll try to kill you so soon?" I taunt him but he doesn't take the bait and just flips me off.

"Don't worry I don't break my promises. No attempt to murder before we find who is behind all this mess"  

"How comforting" he bites out 

The road turns left but I know that's the wrong way. "Go straight" I tell him.

"Straight? There's no road there, its just trees" he seethes 

I bite back an arrogant reply and say calmly "I know where we're going. Believe me that's not the right way. Go straight"

He glares but listens to me and the car moves in the jungle. 

Thick trees cover the land and few streaks of sunlight break through the canopies and enter the car. I lean against the window and turn my gaze towards him. His one hand is resting on the steering wheel while the other was on his thigh. The faint sunlight falls on the side framing his face and enhancing his features.