Chapter 25 - Disappointment

Start from the beginning

"Those bastards..." Natsu said who was sitting on a stool near the end of Lucy's bed.

"I know what you wanna say..." Laxus said.

After he said that, Lucy stirred up at that moment and looked so sad and upset about what happened earlier. It wasn't her fault. It was that Minerva that I would want to blame... those Sabertooth members!... Sting.

"I blew it again..." Lucy muttered as she lifted her bed sheets over her face.

"What are you talking about?! We took second place thanks to you, Lucy!" Gray remarked trying to cheer her up.

"We got eight points!" Wendy added.

"Yeah. You did very well." Erza smiled.

"You were great out there Lucy-chan! So you don't have to say sorry!" I reassured as she turned to stare at me then to everyone.

"My keys..." she said worriedly.

"Here they are." Happy piped up, carried the brown pouch carrying her Celestial keys.

"Thank goodness! Thank you!" She cried as she hugged her keys and soon fell asleep. Soon the door was opened revealing Master who walked in and had a serious look on his face. I wonder what's got into him.

"A team, B team... You're all here? Good." he said looking at everyone.

"I'm not sure if this is good news or bad news.The administrators told me that teams A and B must combine." he added.

"What?!" Natsu barked.

"Teams A and B have to unite?" Laxus asked curiously.

"It doesn't sound too bad..." I softly said as Natsu looked over to me.

"The disqualification of Raven Tail brings the number of teams down to seven, and having an odd number doesn't work when it comes to matching up for the battle part. Therefore, both of our teams must become one and we have to choose the five members again."

"Choose five members?" Titania says.

"What about our points?" Carla said.

"Apparently, the lower score will carry over. In other words, A team's 35 points..." Master intervened.

"How cruel!" Happy said.

"It doesn't seem to be that fair though..." I sighed in frustration.

"I know... I thought about it like that too, but we can't do anything about it." Master looked over to me.

"I'm definitely gonna get revenge for Lucy! I ain't gonna let 'em get away with laughin' at one of our own!" Natsu stood up as he clenched both his jaw and hands. I looked over to him with determined look. We won't let them get away with this at all.

Not even you Sting.

———-

The third match for today is going to be Sabertooth vs Fairy Tail. I'm feeling really excited and hyped up to see how it would go. Especially with the new formed Fairy Tail Team that we combined our members with. This was going to be one heck of a day. I couldn't wait!"And now, here comes the new Fairy Tail team!" Chapati announced.

"This really is the strongest team, right?" Mira said enthusiastically beside me. We were now standing in our booth with the rest of Fairy Tail, waiting for the long arrival of our very new team for the games.

"This is an awesome team!" Cana grinned.

"I can't even picture these members failing." Juvia said.

"The strongest team, huh? " I softly whispered and smirked at the entryway where the new team would be coming out.

At the center of the arena was the other six teams. I held my gaze at Sting for a little. Something really bothered me. Why did his eyes held different emotions earlier? Did he regret on not doing anything? Or was he doing because he wanted to look strong and act like a tough in front of his guild? Being rebellious didn't seem to be helping him well. It was really irritating me again. I looked over to where Lector and Frosch were, and saw that they gave me small waves which I returned a wave back.

My attention went back to the entryway where the new formed team that would come out from and noticed that the whole audience the whole arena were cheering and yelling in excitement. The whole stadium was shaking in thrills and it made goosebumps to crawl on my skin. This was going to be one heck of a day, I smiled.

There they were. The five members of the new Team Fairy Tail. Laxus, Gajeel, Natsu, Erza and Gray! All standing there within a line with serious looks on their faces, but with confidence and an impulsive aura around them. To be honest, I wanted to participate in it as well but I don't seem to mind it anymore. I wanted to cheer them on, more than ever! And at least I got to participate in the games at least once. It made me feel like I really belonged with those who treat you like an actual family. There would always be a next year for the games, so why bother to be upset, right?

Everyone, do your best.

———