Chapter 25 - Disappointment

Start from the beginning

I glared over to him with a menacing look and he looked slightly upset but still held on that cocky smile of his. Soon the referee has finally stopped the match, I sighed in relief but anger was still rising inside of me. Damn that Minerva woman!

She was now holding onto Lucy's neck outside of the water sphere and carelessly dropped her onto the floor, but not before Natsu and Gray rushed to catch her before she can get even more hurt. I jumped out from the booth and ran over to where the now unconscious Lucy lying on the ground near Natsu and Gray. Soon Erza and Wendy came running right behind me, even Juvia and Cheria came running to Lucy's aid.

"What are you staring at?" Minerva smiled.

Wendy and Cheria are working together to help heal Lucy now and I even came to help with the healing process, even though it wasn't my strongest magic but still! I had to help save Lucy! I knelt down and ran my hand through her hair for comfort as I used my other hand to use my healing magic. Wendy and Cheria looked over to me with worried expressions, as I was really upset and disappointed at Sting but beyond pissed at Minerva.

"I asked you, what are you looking at? I acted within the rules of the competition." the mage said.

"Rules, you say? You mean torturing an opponent who's already lost?" Erza said, taking a few steps towards her.

"The crowd ate it up, didn't they? Lucy should be grateful. I let her be in second place.Even though the girl is a useless piece of garbage..." she mocked.

This really ticked me off. I got up with my hands held in fists and walked beside with Natsu and Gray to stand right beside Erza and in front of Minerva.

"What?!" Natsu barked.

"Lucy is not a useless or garbage! You take that back Minerva..." I gritted my teeth while glaring her down.

Suddenly, the rest of Sabertooth were in front of us, except for Rogue. I saw Sting who had his cocky smile and looked ready to throw a punch. His eyes looked troubled, sorrow, shameful, but with pride... Why was he doing doing?! Does he not know what comrades mean?! Doesn't he know how Minerva is actually stupid and unfair on how she treated Lucy?!

Many questions were running through my mind. I darkened my look at him which he seemed to have slightly flinched. The crowd was now cheering and they seemed to be hopeful that we would fight against Sabertooth, right here and right now. Now we were having a staring competition, to see who would latch the first attack. Sting took a step forward which me and Natsu took one as well but we were stopped by Erza who blocked us with sticking her arm out.

"I don't care if you're the strongest or number one in Fiore, I'll just tell you one thing. You people... have made an enemy out of the one guild you don't want to anger." Erza declared. I was the first to walk out but before I could, I slightly turned back to look at Sting who stared back with that cocky smile which really made me upset.

"Sting... I thought you said something meaningful before... hours ago... But I guess not. I'm really disappointed in you." I hissed and turned away from him so I could walk towards Lucy who was still in Wendy's and Cheria's care.

————

Here we were in the infirmary with both teams of Fairy Tail A and B for Lucy, hoping that she would be okay and safe. I was standing next to Erza glancing worried looks on my friend who was severely beaten and took many critical hits by Minerva. Just thinking about that Sabertooth woman makes me infuriated! Thanks to Wendy's, Cheria's and my Healing Magic that we performed, Lucy's life isn't in danger which made me really happy about the news. But I still did not like the idea of how much bandages she's wrapped it. All it matters is that she safe.