037

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟕 — 𝐈 𝐟𝐞𝐥𝐭 𝐬𝐚𝐟𝐞 𝐢𝐧 𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐚𝐫𝐦

From a short distance connecting the fey to the town, the sound of the bustling town nearby could be heard growing more lively with each step closer to our arrival. When we arrived back at the side of the forest that reached back into town, the two stopped abruptly behind us. I could hear Elrond mutters something under his breath and surely now, I had forgotten the path I took from the hidden village to come back here.

I watches the two with a little fear that began to form in my chest. A little twisting and erupting fear burn a hole in my heart as I kept looking at them.

How did they do that? Is it normal for them to do such things?

I kept staring and I swore I would have done so till they leave the spot. But I stopped. I stopped when I felt something soft and wet fall on my nose. I look at it and realized that the first snow had fallen.

It's snowing now.

A smile unconsciously started forming on my lips as I look up to find that snow had started falling down from the misty and foggy sky. I turned my gaze towards Pierre and felt my grin grow wider.

"Pierre, it's snowing!" I announced almost lost in the joy of it.

Pierre merely stares for a moment before a smile graced his lips too, "Do you like the snow, Addie?"

"Well, I love it and hate it at the same time," I smiled.

He was quiet for a moment. Mainly staring at me. Then he laughed. A melodic and sweet-sounding laugh, "Gosh, you're just like a child," He said in between his laugh.

"What? I'm so not." I pouted, bringing my arms up, and crossing them on my chest. My eyes narrow as I look at him feeling quite offended. How could he call me, a grown woman, a child?

"Oh, no. you are not like a child," he said suddenly, a mischievous grin decorating his lips. "You certainly are very mature. Not like a child at all."

"Exactly." I huffed at him before I turned my heel and started walking away, leaving him behind. "I'm a very mature lady."

"Oh come on, Addie. I was only playing around," he laughed as he jogged to reach my side.

"You can keep playing on your own. I'm just going to go back." I told him with a pout. My feet were hot in pursuit, trying to get far from him. But then my irritated expression started to falter before my feet gradually grow slower too when I remember Nick would be where home was for me. Immediately, at the thought of him, I gaze down at the ground before mumbling quietly, "Besides, If I was late, Nick would probably be mad again."

"Be mad again? Why would he be mad at you?" Pierre caught up to me, stopping me by standing right in front of me and though I was sure that I was mumbling quietly, he heard me anyway.

Oh shit. Why did I have to say that in front of Pierre out of all people?

The air only grow thicker as he patiently wait, hoping that I'd tell him something. But I just never did. I merely went past him and kept walking with my eyes on the ground. I don't even know how to word it. The thing with Nick was just always so weird. It's something that was supposed to remain only inside our living area.

"Addie–"

"It's nothing, Pierre. He was just worried for me," I said, turning away from him. I wasn't exactly lying. That was why he scolded me. I mean, I think that was it.

"He didn't hurt you when he was scolding you, did he?" Pierre's voice grew dangerously low. I turned to him with wide eyes and caught his eyes looking very darkly at my face. His stare remained even when I look back at him. It only grew more intense by the second.

"N-no, of course not."

"That's good. Because if he ever did lay a hand on you, I wouldn't have let him go easily. Noble or not," he warned the absent presence of the stormy eyes noble. His expression soften as he continued to gaze at me.

I could feel the side of my lips twitches as it turned upwards, forming a soft smile on my face. Pierre was very charming today. So charming that I couldn't help but to walk up to him and pulled him down to my height as I draped my arms around the nape of his neck tightly.

I know by the sound of his cough that I had once again caught him off guard.

"Addie–...What are you doing?"

"Thank you, Pierre," I told him. A hot breath emits out of me and brushes his skin, making him shudder lightly while still being kept in my arms. "I really am glad to have you around."

He was hesitant and quiet. Slowly, I could feel his hand snaking up onto my upper back. His hot breath tickled my ears, sending a warm joint in my spine. I buried my face in the crook of his neck, taking in his scent in me.

He smells of herbs and parchments. He smells of hard work and sweetness. He smells of magic and pure friendship. He smells just about right. Exactly like how I know Pierre's supposed to smell.

It's nice to be kept in Pierre's arms. I felt safe and comfortable. I wanted to stay in this position for as long as possible. But deep down, I know that's not possible. At least, not here. In this open area where I can feel eyes looking into both my and Pierre's way.

Clearing my throat, I pushed him lightly, parting my body away from him, letting my eyes meet up with him again with a smile still on my face. "Now we really have to go back. I don't think you'd want me to freeze here all night long, would you?"

He gingerly smiles as he shook his head. "Of course not. If I do that, I would have to treat you again later."

I merely scoffed. "As if you would be complaining about my company in your room," I told him, with a roll in my eyes.

"I won't say I'll be complaining, only that, you'd do just fine to be my distraction in between work," he shrugged. "And that would be horrible if I do have patients."

"Why? I'm too special that I took up all your attention?" I asked whilst wiggling my brow his way.

He laughed and we both began walking back towards Nicholas' threshold. Our steps are light and slow as we both seem to just want to enjoy what's left of the day to spend with each other.

"Yes. You are very special," he said at last.