036

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟔 — 𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐅𝐞𝐲𝐭𝐨𝐰𝐧

Odell was silent. Her face was no longer red. Her breathing was now calm. Her lips pressed in thin lines as she once again avoided my eyes. She kept going that way until she suddenly make a move to one of the drawers in the room that we were in. She pulled out what seem to be a folded parchment out of the drawers and look at me.

Her big blue eyes gazed my way with a hint of faint uncertainty. She kept her eyes unmoving from mine. It feels everlastingly longer than it was supposed to be. But she didn't blink. She keep on staring until she finally cleared her throat as she placed the parchment down on the table and pushed it my way.

"This is all that I can help you with. In this paper, you will find where the old ancient items can be found. But it may not be where it's written, for it's been years since it was left behind. So we don't know how precise the location is."

I took the paper in my arm, gazing at her with a gaping mouth. "Odell, I have no words–"

"Don't. Just don't. You two best be on your way out now. Staying longer would only do you no good," she pushed, walking away from there and out of the room.

"Thank you. Odell. I hope you are safe if they ever do come," I told her as I watched her go.

"I would. Don't worry."

She left. Her back remain firm and strong as she waddled away. She didn't seem scared. She didn't seem concerned. She wasn't fazed at all by anything that happened in the room. She just seems like herself even after all that happened.

I walked up to Pierre and opened his pouch, placing the folded paper safely beside Martha's book. I gazed up at him, smiling at how we managed to get yet another new clue. "We did it. We got what we came for," I told him. Happiness and relief seeped through my eyes as I gazed into his emerald orbs. He seems to be not as excited as I am, but enough to point out that he was glad for me.

I was about to walk out when Pierre hold my wrist and pulled me back. His action slightly confused me, but when I turned his way to question him, his eyes mirror only concern. He let it trace along my body. Again. Almost as if to make sure that I really don't have any wounds on me.

I kept an indifferent expression for a moment but in the end, I couldn't help but scoff at how serious he looked. "Gosh, Pierre. If I'm really hurt, don't you think it's better that we go now so you can treat me later?"

He ignores the tone of my voice and kept on searching. On every inch of my skin, for a wound or any indication that I was harmed. "Are you hurt then?"

"No, I'm fine," I laughed. "You just worry too much, Pierre."

"If you were me and I was you, you would have been scared every day too. You earned wounds daily. I don't even know how you managed it."

"I'm just special," I shrugged as I turned and walks out the door, with his hand still gripping my wrist firmly. "One of these days, I'll lose my wrist and I won't even be surprised by it."

"Are you both done?" Caedan asked, his back leaving the wooden pole that he stood on. His arms folded on his chest as he turned to look at both of me and Pierre. Elrond stood not very far behind him.

I merely nodded to answer the brunette.

"We'll walk you two back," Elrond offered. His violet eyes glisten as he stares my way.

"Are you going to make us faint and carry us on your shoulder again?" Pierre asked suddenly moving to my front. I can see his eyebrow raised at the two as he hid me behind him.