015

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟓 - 𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐩

Tw! This chapter contains violence and gore. (I know I didn't put this warning up the first few time, but just in case.)

I lay asleep on the cold hard floor, shivering occasionally from the breeze coming from the front door. The cold air flows through and pricks my skin like a sharp glass shard as it hits me. Staying asleep is a task hard to do. Not only does it feel uncomfortable to sleep on the floor, but sleeping in the house of someone who was going to kill me also doesn't sound so appealing to my ears; even if she's not in the house right now. I couldn't brush that fact away from my head.

Giving up on the thought of falling asleep, I gazed down once more, at my legs, my hopeless legs, which I couldn't use to walk, which I couldn't use to run from here. I can only sigh at the situation. I wonder if Hilda or Nicholas or even Pierre are actually trying to find me right now. It's been days since I was gone. It's been days since I last saw them all. Would they care enough to try to find me? Not that I'm hoping too much for it, but it's a matter of friendship. I honestly, really need to get out of here, with or without their help. Looking back at my feet, I tried lifting my leg up, and to my surprise, it lifted up; to which I exclaimed happily and tried on my other leg.

I still have hope. The place is empty. Bernard is asleep. I can finally run out of here before the witch comes back. I got up on my feet and made my way out of the door. I gazed around with caution as I dropped my feet, one by one outside the frame of the door.

Feeling the wet and moist dirt on my bare feet, a smile made its way to my face. I ran. I ran like there was no tomorrow. I ran without knowing where I was running to. All I know is that I'm getting out of here. I'm finally free. Smelling the scent of trees in the air, I couldn't be happier. I kept running and running. I don't even care if my feet bleed as I did. All I want is to be away from this place. All I want is to run away from her. But then it all came in vain when I reached deeper into the woods.

"Leaving so soon?" A voice asks from behind one of the trees. A voice that made time stop. A voice that made my heart stop beating. Immediately, my feet stopped running.

"I need to go back. I have to go back."

"Oh do you? Too bad then. I had plans with you today."

Plans. I had a horrible feeling about this. There's something unnerving about her sinister grin, her black eyes and her sharp nails. She smelled off. A metallic scent is high in the air around her.

Blood. I widened my eyes and took an abrupt step back as it slowly dawned on me. The scent was so strong that I could have mistaken it to be her perfume.

"What's wrong, little one?"

"What did you do?"

She smiled a menacing grin. "Wouldn't you want to know?"