013

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟑 - 𝐚𝐭 𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐢'𝐦 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐚𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐞

I fluttered my eyes open. A shadow cast itself in place of where the sun had once been. I groan, softly, massaging my head when I once again find myself in a foreign room. It feels like my head has been hit a thousand times with a big bat. The room I'm in smells like old people with a hint of disgusting soup floating in the air. I can see green smoke emitting from a room with its door open at the far left of where I am. Someone is in here. Someone who took me here. Greysen. Where's Greysen? Is he here too? I asked myself as I shifted my gaze around the dull space called home to my captor. I tried to get up, and as soon as I did, my feet failed me, letting me fall down with a thud; faceplant on the floor.

There's the sound of footsteps rushing towards me. Feeling my alert rise, I lifted my head up only to see a sandy blonde-haired male looking at me. His back leaned against the wall that seemed like it could tumble down at one small push. His stormy blue eyes were guarded as he eyed me. He wore a fluffy white knitted sweater. A sweater. I didn't know those existed in this era. His arm was crossed and his face wore very little expression.

I kept looking at him until he cleared his throat, breaking our silence. "So. Why did the witch take you here?"

For a moment, my lips felt like they had been cemented together, unable to open and speak a reply to his question. I merely stared; stared at him, stared at the room, staring at the candles and everything my eyes lay on.

"Is she awake, boy?" came the voice of an elderly woman. She walked out of the room with the green smoke. Her back hunched and she seemed so small, yet something about her seemed to call out "danger". Her white hair was fixed up into a bun; a few strands were loose.

"Did you– Did you take me here?" I asked in a hoarse voice. My throat is sore and itchy. I cough a few dry coughs to ease up the itchiness.

The old woman smiled a big smile. "Yes. I did."

"Why?"

"I saw in my 'all-seeing crystal ball the son of Lord Winstone, had quite the affection towards you." She swept her feet across the room as she gloated; her smile never leaving her face. "I do like to admit, he's far better of a person than his father. But nevertheless, the blood of my son falls on their ground." She grabbed and tossed a glass beaker down to the ground, and I watched as the floor melted. "I see how he treasures you enough to stand up for you. Maybe, If you can't give him the pain I want, you can stand well as a warning that I'd be coming to him, taking everyone away from him."

"Winstone?"

"Young Lord Nicholas."

Goodness. I'm not even close with him. And I can't believe it's because of him again. I was taken captive twice because I spent some time with Nicholas. How ridiculous does that sound? It was just a petty small amount of time.

I stared and sighed. With how constant a threat is thrown my way, running in a circle is tiring. "So what do you wish to do to me?"

"I will torture you. I will make you bleed. I will cut you piece by piece. I would use you in my potions. I will do so many things to you, that you'd wish I'd just kill you."