000

𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

No, this must be a nightmare. A pure nightmare.

It just... This can't be real. I won't accept it as something that was real. I can't accept that such a fate occurs right in front of my eyes.

I can't accept it. 

But there he stood, mouth bloodied, his guts pierced right through by a long sharp spear made of the purest of silver. His eyes, the once warm colour of the coldest sea, turned hollow as life slowly escape him. Fleeting away as if it was sucked out of him.

"No!" I shouted as tears ran down my face. I tried to lunge forward. I tried to run to him. My gaze stays on him. I don't care what is to be of me. I can't leave him here. I can't leave him to die.

I can't leave the person I vowed to be side by side with till death part us. This is not how I imagine our end would be.

"Addie, we can't stay," another voice called, gripping my arms, and pulling me away from the scene. 

I didn't want to leave, I wouldn't leave, but the others surround me and dragged me out of there. Carrying me away.

And I saw him as he smiled weakly, tears ran down his bloodied face, and he stares and stares. His weak sad smile remained on his face.

"Thank you," he mouthed and my heart breaks for him. My heart can only break, for I can't do anything for him. I can only leave him be, to save my own life.

It matters not whether it was his wish or not, for it wasn't right for me to leave my friend. It wasn't right for me to selfishly live and survive without him by my side.

It wasn't fair.