019

TW! If you know used to Nicholas as a gentleman, Nicholas would use quite the profanity in this

TW! If you know used to Nicholas as a gentleman, Nicholas would use quite the profanity in this. (truthfully speaking, idk how medieval people cuss and I don't wish to go all Shakespearean here) 

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟗 - 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐨𝐢𝐚 𝐢𝐬 𝐬𝐮𝐜𝐡 𝐚 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐬𝐢𝐭𝐞

First Nicholas and then Pierre.

How much more wrong must I do at this point?

I could only sigh as I looked up at the tattered ceiling.

Fucking hell.

This was hard.

So hard...

After the longest night of my life, during which I hadn't managed one second of sleep, I was basking in the morning sun that seeped through my window, hitting my face with its golden rays. My head is high in the clouds today; still confused and agitated over the incident with Nicholas, incredibly upset with what happened with Pierre, while all the same time weary with insomnia.

It had to be getting close to sociable hours because I heard sounds coming from my window. There are sounds of workers going about their work. There are the sounds of boots hitting the wooden floor as people walk around to start their day, as well as the disturbing sound of Nicholas starting to stir from his bed.

Fuck.

How could the wall have been so thin that I could hear every movement he made from my room?

I could hear him approaching the bathroom and the sounds of a door opening and closing. Then I heard what I assumed was his clothes thudding to the floor, and I immediately placed my palm over my ears in the hope of deflecting the rest of my attention.

I can't do this right now. Why oh why, am I paying attention to this repulsive moment? This has to be the lowest point in my life.

After taking in my surroundings, I decided it would be best to keep myself busy. I started counting everything in the room as my eyes continued to wander around and the sound of rushing water began to fill my ears, sending shivers down my spine. I clench my teeth as a disturbingly beautiful image of Nicholas flashes through my mind. Shaking my head in horror, I continue to count everything my eyes fell on.

39 square tiles and 21 triangle-shaped tiles cover the windows. Two windows can be found in my room. Together, there are 42 triangle tiles and 78 square tiles.

The floor is covered in 151 different shades of hardboard flooring. 45 of them were a beige-yellow colour. They were brownish red in 48 of them. 37 of them were ash black. Lastly, 21 of them were brownish orange.

When I finished counting everything, I realised the sound had stopped. He's not in the shower, nor is he in his room because there are no sounds coming from his quarters.