Aliveness

Lizzy's POV

"You know, I think I might have been wrong." Marina says to me, still in bed with me. Naked.

"About what?" I ask, turning to look at her

"About having to be immortal for you to fuck me." She replies. I smile. I'm very glad I proved her wrong.

"I think you were wrong too. We managed really well."

"You're making me shy.." she mumbles, moving herself closer to me. I put my arm around her.

Our bare skin touching feels good. Not even in a sexual way, just in the way that I'm enjoying being so close to her.

"I'm sorry.." I kiss her forehead "Just know that no one has ever made me feel the way you just have."

"You too. I haven't ever felt like that either." She pauses "What do we do now? I've never done it during the day, so I don't know what comes after."

"Me neither. I've never liked anyone that much." I think for a second "Are you hungry?"

"Yeah a bit, but I don't really want to move yet. I'm not sure that my legs work. I think I'd be all wobbly." She makes me laugh

"You and me both. We've been through a lot in the last hour or so." I joke, she smiles

"We have.. Why don't we get up and go for food just before Lafina gets back? I don't want her to know I skipped school."

"I'm sure she'd understand if you told her the reason."

"Oh really? 'Hi Laf, sorry I skipped school to get absolutely ruined by my vampire girlfriend'." She says, I laugh

"I think you'd have to tell her exactly how good it was for her to understand properly."

"I think I'd rather die." She leans up and kisses my cheek. After the cheek kiss, I turn my head to look at her, and she kisses my lips.

It feel strange. Not the kiss, the whole situation. I haven't ever felt like this after sex, and it's nice. I don't regret anything at all. I think she's so perfect.

"I wouldn't have skipped with anyone but you. I'm starting to think you're a bad influence." She teases, I smirk

"What did you expect? You're dating a girl who got kicked out of boarding school. Then died due to bad behaviour." I remind her, she laughs

"I'm sure that there are worse than you out there.."

"I don't know.. I've killed people, I'm pretty bad." I pause "Did you really mean that you want to become a vampire like me? Or was it just a ploy to get me into bed?" I joke, she smiles

"I would never need to use any type of ploy on you. You really really want me."

"I do" I admit

"So turn me" she says quickly, before she can think twice about it

"Turn you?" I repeat "That's not happening."

"Why not?"

"We've been through this. And do you think I even know how to turn you?" I ask, she looks at me confused

"You don't know how to turn me?"

"Of course I don't. I've only been dead a year. Turning people takes decades to learn, that's why my dad was able to turn me." I pause "That and the fact that I was literally dead. I wouldn't let him turn you just because it's what you think you want."