Chapter 5: Godfather

Start from the beginning

"I thought we were all agreed that elf, while irresponsible, did not conjure the Mark?" Percy said hotly.

Her name's Winky.

"If you ask me, Mr. Crouch is very lucky no one at the Daily Prophet know how mean he is to elves!" Hermione said angrily.

"Now look here, Hermione!" Percy said. "A high-ranking Ministry official like Mr. Crouch deserves unswerving obedience from his servants-"

"His slave you mean!" Hermione said, her voice rising passionately. "Because he didn't pay Winky, did he?"

I definitely side with Hermione on this.

"I think you'd all better go upstairs and check that you've packed properly!" Mrs. Weasley said, breaking the argument. "Come on now, all of you..." Harry, Ron and Hermione left upstairs, but I stayed, as I wanted to spend more time with Mum.

Heavy rain was still splattering against the house the next morning. Harry, Ron, Fred, George and I reached the first floor for breakfast, when we heard Mrs. Weasley shout. "Arthur! Arthur! Urgent message from the Ministry!"

Mr. Weasley came clattering past us and into the kitchen. "I've got a quill here somewhere!" He said bending over the fire talking to Mr. Diggory, whose head was sitting in the middle of the fire.

"Muggle neighbors heard bangs and shouting, so they went and called what-d'you-call-'ems-please-men. Arthur, you've got to get over there-" Mrs. Weasley gave Mr. Weasley a piece of parchment, a bottle of ink, and a crumpled quill into Mr. Weasley's hands.

"What does Mad-Eye say happened?" Mr. Weasley asked, and I widened my eyes.

"Is Moody okay?" I asked frantically.

"I'm sure he's fine." Mr. Diggory assured me. "I think your mother is already over there checking up on him." I gave a sigh of relief.

I then sensed Izanami come into the house with a letter. She dropped it in my hands and flew off. I read it while Mr. Weasley and Mr. Diggory kept talking.

Hey there, Little Bird. I'm at your Godfather's house right now. I got an alert really early, so I headed out before anyone woke up. It seems to be a false alarm, so Alastor is fine. But I have to wait for Arthur to get here to help your Godfather from getting into trouble with the Ministry. I might not be able to see you off at the Hogwarts Express this year, I'm sorry. I love you, I hope you have a good year, and I'll be sending you a gift close to Christmas.

Love

Mumma Bird

I was a little bummed that Mum wasn't going to see me off, but I knew she needed to help Moody. I was curious as to why she would send me a gift close to Christmas, when she could just give it to me at Christmas.

"All right, I'm off." I heard Mr. Weasley say.

"Mum said it was a false alarm, but she's waiting for you there." I told Mr. Weasley.

"Best not keep her waiting." Mr. Weasley said, heading back up stairs. Within five minutes, he was back in the kitchen, his robes on the right way now, dragging a comb through his hair. "I'd take you with me, Raven, but you've got a train to catch."

"Why would you take Raven to Mad-Eye's house?" Fred asked.

"Because Mad-Eye is Raven's Godfather." Mr. Weasley said. Everyone looked quite shock.

"That nutter's a Godfather? Whose idea was that?" George asked

"My Mother's." I said glaring at him, which shut him up. "And Moody's a great Godfather, I'll have you know."