𝐯

"his heart in his throat"

NYANE PULLED UP TO THE RES. Her mom told Nyane that she needed to get out the house more. So she gave her daughter a list of outside activities she needed to complete each day. Today she was dropping off Fawn to the Res so she could hang out with Jacob.

Her sister didn't hesitate to jump out the car and run into the arms of Jacob who was standing outside waiting for her in excitement. Jacob immediately embrace Fawn and sighed in comfort.

Nyane watched the two with a hint of jealousy. She was happy for her sister —of course, but to know that you'll never be loved again is painful feeling she wouldn't wish on anyone.

She tried not to think about Edward and James, but how couldn't she? She was their mate. The universe put them together only for them to reject her. Nyane sighed in disappointment.

Nyane shook her head. She needed a distraction from the two of them. She started the car, but the car began to stall causing her to groan.

For the past week her car has been stalling.  She didn't know if it was the starter or the ignition but something was keeping her car from starting on the first try. She realized that after three tries of her car didn't start if she bang the steering wheel three times, move the stick shift Left and right, and try to restart it then it would start. Nyane took a deep breathe before trying her little trick only for it to fail. She repeated it four more times before groaning. It wasn't gonna work. She pulled out her phone to call a tow truck when someone knocked on the window. She looked to see it was Roman.

Nyane opened the door and immediately Roman hugged her and twirled her. "Where have you been, beautiful?"

"Around, I just needed some... time after the whole Cullen thing." She explained quickly, not really wanting to dwell on the situation.

"Car trouble?" Roman asked her.

"Yeah, it won't start. I was gonna call a tow truck company to come and get me and so I can get it fixed." She said dialing the number.

"Or I can take a look at it." Roman offered.

Nyane raised an eyebrow. "You know cars?"

"Well I would hope so I do own my own shop." He stated proudly.

"That would be great actually. Thank you!" She said as she jumped and wrapped her arms around his shoulders. "You have no idea how thankful I am for you right now."

Roman smiled as he wrapped his arms around his imprint. He inhaled her scent of honey and brown sugar before sighing in content.

Nyane felt her stomach flutter as Roman placed his hands on her bare waist. The contact alone made her face heat up. She didn't know why but everytime she was around Roman, she felt happy.

Nyane pulled back with a smile. "So are you going to work on my car here or?"

"No we're going to my house that's where all my supplies is." Roman told her. "Let me get everything hooked up to my truck then we can get going."

Roman walked away and began to hook the back of his truck onto her truck. Nyane walked towards his truck and went to open the door when she saw Roman hand on the handle. "I got it." He said with a smile making Nyane whisper a thank you before hopping into the car.