𝐢𝐯

DUSK TILL DAWN | FOUR"HOW CAN YOU MEND THIS BROKEN HEART?"THE HUNT

"HOW CAN YOU MEND
THIS BROKEN HEART?"
THE HUNT

FOUR MONTHS. That's how long it had been since the Cullens left Forks. Those four months have been hell for Nyane. Her heart felt like it had been ripped into two. She felt heartbroken. Numb. Like nothing was good enough.

What else could she feel now that her mates had left her forever? How could she go on knowing that the men she loved didn't love her back? Her heart remained broken and her soul incomplete.

Her parents worried for their daughter. She was completely unlike herself. Quiet. When you did hear her, it was at night. Her screams echoed throughout the Nimue home as she cried out in pain from Edward and James leaving her.

Her father would be the one to go in her room and comfort her. The hatred he had for Edward and Hames grew immensely after they left. Nyane was a wreck. Every night she was in her father's arms questioning her worth crying. And he wanted nothing more but to see their heads on a spear.

During the first month of the Cullens' disappearance Nyane threw herself into hunting and school work. During the week she stayed in Forks for school and studying. Then on the weekends she was in New York with Izzy, Jace, and Alec. Though she didn't know it actually counted if all the demons were chasing her and she was more defending herself. 

True to what Amenadiel had told her about the downworlders coming after her, Nyane had found herself being attacked at by Demons everywhere she went. They didn't care where she was. School or at home they didn't care. They just wanted her dead. Luckily she carried her new blade with her everywhere since the Cullens left.

It wasn't like the Cullens completely abandoned her. Alice and Rosalie sent emails to her checking up one her. They knew it was wrong, but they couldn't totally abandon their friend. But, Nyane never replied to them anyway. She didn't blame them for Edward and Jane's leaving, but she couldn't stand to talk to them without wondering about her mates.

During the second month, Nyane was completely angry. She shut everyone out and gave them an attitude. She barely spoke unless it was 'hi' or to tell them to leave her alone. She made it clear that she didn't want to bothered and while most understood, some didn't. She went hunting most days on her own. Lured the demons who were searching for her into the woods and killed them. She acted as if she didn't care that her mates left her, but the truth is they did.

The last two months, Nyane fell into a state of Depression. She barely spoke, ate, or even did anything. She didn't even hunt or fight back. If it wasn't for the angels that her father sent to protect her she probably would have been kidnapped or worse killed.