Damn this police department.

If it hadn't been for them interrupting at the worst moment, it would probably have been the best morning sex I had ever had.

Not that I had had many.

Well, three to be precise. But your girl doesn't kiss and tell.

I got up and sauntered towards the washroom. Cleaning myself up well, I brushed my teeth, combed my hair into a low ponytail and walked back inside the room. There was still no trace of Ravi so I decided to scroll through my phone for a bit.

As I scanned my eyes through the multiple chats left unread, my eye caught one in particular.

It was from an unknown number.

Seeing the word unknown, I decided to ignore the text for the moment. I didn't want to ruin my morning just yet, especially when there was a chance of Ravi and I continuing what we had started....

Ew, Zoya. It's been fifteen minutes since you woke up and the first thing you can think about is a man's dick.

Mentally scolding myself, I scrolled through the other messages and found one from V, saying that they were gonna drop by Malhotra Mansion in a while to pick up her stuff from here. After all, now that Himanshu had the world's time to spend with the love of his life, it was obvious he would not wanna be away from her for even a second.

I texted her a smiley face emoji and put my phone back on charge. As I did, a voice echoed behind me.

"Yeah, I'll do my best to get to the station as soon as I can."

I turned around and found Ravi standing at the door, his face tensed. My brows narrowed as he looked up at me once he disconnected the call.

"There's some good news and bad news."

"Ofcourse," I sighed. "How can any morning of mine ever go normally?"

He sighed exhaustively, walking inside and closing the door behind him.

"Give me the bad news first."

"Zayn escaped from our custody." He answered.

"What?" My eyes widened. "That psycho that was stalking Siya and also killed his girlfriend?? When? How?"

"I didn't get much details but," he stated. "It seems like he had someone on the inside helping him. They have officers looking for him everywhere right now."

"Fuck, man." I cursed under my breath as I paced around the room. "Well, what is the good news?"

He looked at me for a solid moment before saying, "The good news is...we might have an idea who might be helping him."

"Who?"

"Detective Gomez."

My eyes widened further. "What?!"

He nodded. "After Detective Gomez took over the case, I noticed his behaviour on a regular basis and I started to feel like there was something that he was hiding. He seemed to be too nonchalant with any other leads, but when it came to you guys, he was always very... eager. Almost like..."

"Like he wanted to pin the killings on us." I completed, joining the pieces. "Just like Yash did."

"Correct." He said. "So I asked one of my close associates to do some digging on him secretly. And he found some disturbing things."

"What kind of disturbing things?"

"Well, firstly, after the 2019 murders, Detective Gomez was out of job for a while. He left Delmore around 2024 but even after that, he didn't really have any particular cases that he solved. Just some petty theft and stuff. Slowly and gradually, he started getting violent and impulsive during his shifts, due to the frustration from his job."