57. forevers

Song of the chapter is
Turning Page by Sleeping At Last

-57-
-Zoya Afreen-
-Present-

-57--Zoya Afreen--Present-

____________

St. Joseph Church
16 December, 2030
10:32 am

Fixing the hem of my satin dress, I looked at myself one last time in mirror of the nursery. Fortunately, for the wedding, Father Jo had agreed to let us have the entire nursery to ourselves to get Veronica ready for the ceremony.

I heard a coughing sound behind me and turned around to find an amused look on Kartik's face.

"What?"

"Nothing." He chuckled. "It's just....you do know that it's not your wedding, right?"

I threw the bouquet of flowers kept on the dressing table beside me at him and he caught it swiftly and laughed even harder.

"It's not like my best friend gets married everyday!" I chortled. "I gotta look my best. For her."

"Suuuuureeeee." He stretched. I gave him the finger.

"Not in a church, Zoya. What if Father Jo sees?" Kartik asked, widening his eyes in a mocking way.

"Well, I'll tell him you deserved it. I'm sure the Lord will forgive me for that." I bickered. He grinned, fixing the collar of his navy blue blazer.

"What is taking her so long?" I mumbled to myself as I went over to knock at the washroom door. "V, come on out!"

"In a minute!" She responded back and I turned back towards Kartik, who was still somehow fixing his collar.

"What is up with you?" I asked as I helped him with it.

"Other than looking dashingly handsome, nothing." He said sardonically.

"Uh-huh, smartass." I mocked derisively.

"V, are you-"

"Yes, I'm out, I'm out!" Her voice echoed from behind and I turned and found her adjusting the hem of her sleeves.

For a second, I just stopped in my tracks.

The white gown rested on her body like it was just made for her and no one else in the world could've done it justice.
The sweetheart neckline of her gown softly enhanced her chest, in an elegant manner. The butterfly sleeves rested against her lean arms and ended at her her elbows. Her short shoulder length hair was left open, the short strands in front framing her face ever so lightly. She had very light make up on, one which could almost be missed by the naked eye. The blush on her cheeks flushed out more as she stepped in direction of the window, which was the only source of sunlight in that big room.