32. flashing lights

Song of the chapter is
Supernatural by Deep Vally

-32-
-Veronica D'Rosario-
-Present-

-32--Veronica D'Rosario--Present-

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

____________

Delmore Police Station
24 November, 2030
8:34 pm

In his embrace the world stopped still on its axis. There was no time, no wind, no rain. My mind was at peace. Pure. Unselfish. Undemanding. Free. That was what that hug felt like. I felt his body press in, soft and warm.

In his embrace I felt my worries loose, their keen sting and my optimism raise its head from the dirt. Perhaps the hope had been there all along, but without some love it was trapped, like crystals in a stone.

For the first time in forever, I was glad and I felt safe.

And even if the world was to burn to the ground at that very moment, I'd die a happy woman.

Seconds later, he moved back, his warmth hesitantly leaving my cold embrace and looked at me. There was panic but also a shred of relief in his eyes.

"Are you okay?"

I blinked, nodding softly.

"Where's Zoya?"

"She went to grab some coffee." I answered. "How did you know we'd be here?"

"Officer Ravi informed me about what happened at the church." He responded, his hand still on my arm. I didn't want to bring attention to it, for that will result in him taking it off. And I couldn't help, but want that moment to last a little longer.

"How'd you find the body?"

I explained what had happened at the church and the state that we had found the girl in. His eyes furrowed, disturbed as I told him about the horrible thing that the monster had done to that poor girl.

He sighed as I finished. "This is getting out of hand."

"I just don't understand.....why would someone do this? Even if they wanted to kill her, why....do it in such a brutal way?" I asked, tensed. "What did that poor girl do to deserve such a death?"

"We'll have to find that soon enough." He said. I nodded.

"Come on, let's get Zoya and get out of here." He said, squeezing my arm slightly. I suppressed a shiver as I nodded again, before calling Zoya. After three rings, she picked up.

"Zoya, where are you?"

"Right here." The voice came from behind me and I looked back to find Zoya holding up her phone to her ear. I disconnected the call and asked, "Did you get some coffee for yourself?"

"Yeah...it was shit." She answered and looked at Himanshu, who stood beside me. "When did you get here?"

"Just right now. Officer Ravi asked me to pick you guys up." He answered. "How are you holding up?"

Secrets And Lies [Completed]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें