58. life of the party

Song of the chapter is
Until I Found You by Steven Sanchez

-58-
-Veronica D'Rosario-
-Present-

-58--Veronica D'Rosario--Present-

__________

Paper Lantern
16 December, 2030
5:57 pm

"Come on! It's a surprise."

Twilight had dawned in on the town of Delmore as little birds and children alike, retreated back to their nests after a long winter day. Once the wedding pleasantries were over, our friends had insisted that they had some sort of a surprise planned for the two of us and wanted to keep it hidden from us until the last moment.

And so, currently, Moose and I stood completely blindfolded, with the rest of them by our side, wondering what exactly was brewing around us.

"Zoya, you've been saying that since we left the church. I'm gonna start getting fussy now." Moose complained and I chuckled softly.

"Just wait for five more minutes. We're almost there." Zoya's reply came.

And as she had promised, exactly about five to six minutes later, the car we were seated in halted to a stop. I felt the rest of them get out of their seats, while Moose and I sat clueless.

Moose leaned over to me and whispered in my ear, "Ronnie, do you have any idea what's going on?"

"I promise I am as clueless as you are." Was my reply.

"Come on lovebirds, out the car!" Zoya's dramatic voice made its way over to our ears. Slowly and gradually, they helped us get out of the vehicle and walked us over seven to eight steps before halting again.

I heard a door open slowly accompanied by Saina's voice. "You can open your blindfolds now."

I took it as an opportunity to unfurl the blinfold that had been graciously tied to blind my vision and stopped in my tracks.

The paper lantern in all its glory, stood in front of us. Yet, that wasn't the surprising part. The surprising part was that the entire diner had been decorated to its core. The entire place had been covered using white and yellow curtains and covered in a million string lights. A number of paper lanterns hung from the ceiling like stars crescending from the night sky. Each table had been covered in white and had flowers scattered all over.

My eyes glistened at the sight of it all.

"Guys..."