I was in absolute awe.

I think I might've been staring for way too long because her first question to me was, "What? Is-is something wrong?"

A smile slowly etched on my face as I felt tears forming at the edge of eyes.

"Zoya, are you crying?" She asked next, a smile appearing on her face as well.

I clasped my hand over my mouth to compose myself. "Maybe...."

Her smile reached her eyes as she tilted her head at me.

"God, you look so beautiful, V!" I muttered incoherently and it came out all high-pitched. "I want to cry but my mascara is not smudge proof."

Both of them laughed.

"Alright, can you stop being dramatic now? We're getting late for the ceremony." Kartik stated.

"Really?" I sniffled as I looked at him.

He nodded. "Yeah, Siya just texted me and said they're already on their way."

"Oh fuck." I muttered under my breath.

"Zoya, we're in a church!" Veronica widened her eyes at me.

"Oops, sorry." I mouthed, pulling my ear slightly.

"Okay, well.... I'm almost ready anyway." Veronica said, looking at herself in the mirror. "God this feels.... surreal."

I exchanged a smile with Kartik as we both looked at her.

Inhaling a deep breath, she turned towards us. "Okay...um...so now, all I need is something old, something new, something borrowed and something blue. It's a Christian tradition."

"Right! You told me about that." I acknowledged and hurried towards my purse. Pulling out a pair of sapphire earrings, I handed them to her and said, "Here...is your something borrowed."

She inspected the earrings for a solid moment. "Zoya....these look expensive."

"Relax, I'm letting you borrow it, not buy it." I chortled. She gave me a small smile as she put them on. "How do they look?"

"Pretty." I nodded with a hearty smile.

"Um...well...for something old... I have Jen's old cross necklace." She said, holding the cross resting on her chest. "I think it'll do."

"What about the other two?"

She gave me a clueless look.

"Um... I think I might have something." Kartik chimed beside me as he fished out a butterfly clip and placed it in Veronica's hand. Veronica smiled at it, amused.

"That can be your something new." Kartik smiled.

"Where did you get?" I asked.

"I bought it the day Veronica asked me to be her best man. It was like a little thank you present, you know." His eyes gleamed with happiness as he answered. Veronica smiled even more.

"Guys, I can't cry. Stop making me emotional." Veronica joked. We all laughed.

"And for your something blue, Kartik and I made you a bouquet with the best flowers in town." I said as I handed her the flowers.