Picking up my phone kept next to the paperweight, I scrolled through a list of names on my contacts until my eyes spotted two familiar initials.

R. S.

Rohit Sahay.

I pressed on his contact and put the phone to my ear. It rang for about a minute before Rohit's voice echoed on the other end.

"Kartik, man! It's been a while! How are you?"

I chewed my lips as I answered, "I'm good, Rohit. How are you?"

"Arey sab barhiya hai yaar (everything's good)! Aaj kaise phone lagana hua (how come you called today)?

"Uhm...." My voice quivered slightly before I cleared my throat and spoke, "Actually, I needed to talk to you.... about.....that incident....two years ago?"

There was a vehement pause at the other end.

"Um...achanak (all of a sudden)?" His voice came in all nervous.

"Um... actually....Siya, my wife....has started having nightmares regarding that incident again. I just.... wanted to confirm something because of that...." I answered.

"Ha bol...(tell me)."

I swallowed the lump forming in my throat for the longest time and spoke, "By any chance.....can you.... confirm whether....the person....the man from that night.....whether he's still alive or...?"

Again, a vehement pause prevailed.

I heard as he cleared his throat.

"I know.... I'm asking for a huge favor...but I wouldn't have, if it wasn't absolutely necessary." I added immediately. "It's just.... there's something going on in Delmore......and I think it's all somehow connected."

"Yeah...Mr.Malhotra did express his concerns about the whole situation the other day." He said, in a low undertone.

"Yeah." I exhaled. "Please, Rohit. I really need this."

He breathed in before answering, "I'll see what I can do."

I sighed in relief. "Thanks, man."

"Don't worry. I'll get back to you ASAP." He said and cut the call. I slowly put the phone down.

Rohit was my dad's right hand man. He had been with my dad's firm ever since I could remember. My dad had a lot of trust in that guy and he truly was one of the most diligent employees my dad has had over the years.

My dad and Rohit were the only one other than me and Siya to know about the incident that had taken place three years back. I had called my dad in a moment of panic and he had responded to the news almost immediately, by sending one of his most trusted employees to take care of the situation for me.

I knew back then that it wasn't the right thing to do. But I was clouded by my judgement to protect Siya.

I knew, growing up, that my father was an incredibly important person who had a lot of power. Alishka would often use that to her advantage, getting people to work for her because of the status that she had. She often encouraged me to do the same. But at the time, I was too consumed my anger against my parents for neglecting me and so my ego often made me often refuse to do such a thing.

My name, my career, who I was today was built by myself. I had managed to make something out of myself without the help of my father. And I was proud of that.

But that night, things were different.

It was like that incident had made me so scared that I had shrivelled up like a tall child. I had succumbed to tears and watching Siya break down as well had just pushed things over the edge.

And so, I had been forced to call for my dad's help, knowing that he was the only person who could stop this nightmare.

And fortunately, it had. That was until now.

I clutched strands of my hair as I buried my face between my knees. My head felt like it was about to burst.

A minute later, my phone rang.

I picked up and asked immediately, "Did you find anything?"

"Hm." His good natured voice came in loud and clear on the other end.

"What is it?" I asked again, as fear seeped into my veins. I breathed slowly in anticipation.

"The man....he has been in a coma....for the past three years." He answered and I paused in my place.

"What?"

"Yeah, after the incident, he was admitted to the Eden Hospital in Delhi, where he's still admitted to this day.... not having moved an inch." He continued.

Guilt crawled under my skin like a snake, sedimenting a layer of unease in my mind.

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah, a hundred percent. One of the nurses at the hospital is my informant. She sent me the details a minute ago." He answered. "His progress reports, medications, visitors... everything."

"Wait...wait....visitors?" I asked. "I thought you said he didn't have any family."

"As was reported back then." He answered curtly. "There's no record of any family members."

"So who's visiting him then?" I asked, my brows furrowed.

"No idea." He sighed. "I can send you the visitor's list if you need it."

"Yeah, yeah that'd be great. Thanks." I said as I disconnected the call. A second later, a notification lit up the phone screen.

As I tapped on it, my eyebrows knitted. I zoomed in on the picture of the visitor's list to check the signatures.

All of them signed by just two initials.

G.D.

_____________

initial game has begun again
and this time it might just be someone we already know-

*think think*

and don't forget to vote, comment and share the book as much as possible!

love,
Bosedisha

love,Bosedisha

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

Secrets And Lies [Completed]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें