45. The Mirror

***
Baze

***

Alyx and I made it back to the mansion after our search. He hid himself to strip before shifting so he could take us there with me on his back where I held his clothes.

Our leaving wasn't as notorious as Allie's. When she started running towards Christian, her large, beautiful wings sprouted mid sprint, lifting both him and her up high in the air.

I gasped while Nico and Rein were sputtering outbursts of their surprise before laughing when we all continued hearing Christian scream. I couldn't help joining in on their laughter, I've never heard a grown man that looked like him scream in such a high pitched girly way.

"Do you think we are going to find something?" I asked Alyx's golden wolf, my hand stroking his head as he carried me. The way Alyx made sure to avoid branches that could hit me and steep areas that could potentially make me fall off his back made my heart melt. I didn't feel an ounce of queasiness as we neared the base of the woods a few miles west from the area my parent's house used to be.

Alyx huffed, not really being able to answer directly in his wolf.

I smiled and hugged him from the back of his neck, taking his playful growl as a sign of affection. His fur is just as soft as the curls on his heading human form.

There's still hope that we could find Jonah buried somewhere nearby and if we didn't, I wouldn't allow that to be the reason to give up. The smoke emanating from the map represents him still being alive to be located if not here.

In Isobel's potion based grimoire, it states that dead people anf inanimate objects can't be located, the life force of the living is only able to be found.

Alyx didn't feel comfortable with me bending over or anything remotely similar, the look in his wolf's copper eyes is the reminder of him telling me this before we parted ways with the others.

"Your sense of smell is stronger than mine," he had smiled down at me before grabbing my hand to kiss it. "I will be able to sniff some things out as well so leave the digging to me." The baby is inching closer to 4 and a half months and will be by the middle or end of next week. Alyx intense gaze had dropped to where she's fast growing when he had said, "I don't want you bending over to."

I knew not to protest, the muscles in my side continued to cramp, my lower back feeling all the same. "I'm still adjusting to her," I placed a hand on my belly, "I'd hate to vomit trying to look for him or pass out when I come back up for air." Aside from the nausea in the car, I've been fine.

"Nico and I are going to check the forest on the east side of your family's home," Sebastian told us, glaring at Nico when he commented 'what's left of it' under his breath.

I noticed Sebastian's shoulders were unusually tense after Allie took off with Christian dangled like a worm. There was a pinch of fear as I thought about them falling or getting electrocuted if Allie were to accidentally hit a power line, but I dismissed those thoughts and wanted to do the same for Sebastian. He was the only one quiet when they took off, the others, including myself, finding humor in Allie's and Christian's head start on their search.

"If she were to get hurt," My words caught Sebastian's attention, his eyes moving from Allie's large wings up in the sky and down to me. "I'll help heal her 100%," I smiled.