27. A Witch With Two Sides

***
Sebastian

***

"I don't understand," Tyler exclaimed with her head tilted up towards the sky. "Why did they act like they didn't know about Baze? When you think about it, I'm not surprised the both of them do given Ratimira provided most of the information about the rumored hybrid to us when we visited her and Latimer back in the States."

"If the both of them acted like they knew more than what they led on, we would've gotten suspicious about their real intentions and why they never said anything prior." The frustrated glare in Tyler's heterochromia eyes was sent to Nico. He didn't understand what she really meant, but I did.

"She means why now, why do they suddenly want to go after her?" I sighed. Nico and Tyler were asking a lot of questions, questions none of us could really answer.

I've always considered Jessica and Latimer good friends, known them for the past few decades even though we weren't always in eachothers faces. They gave V and I their condolences when the rumors that Jonah died reached them. There's no justification as to why they want to hurt my niece now if they knew about her existence this whole time.

"Thank you for getting through to this nucklehead, Bash. He never understands," she scoffed.

I didn't say anything, just kicked my feet up against the brick wall.

When Tyler turned her back to Nico, he hissed at her.

"Watch your tongue!"

"Or what?" He challenged.

Leaning back with a smirk, I was preparing for them to fight their little dispute out. They were keeping me entertained while we waited for the humans in the storage unit to tell us what they know. In the last 30 minutes, we haven't gotten anything that could go to finding Latimer and Jessica and I just wanted to go back home to check on that infuriating, stubborn redhead.

"Guys, stop it," Vivian stepped outside. Their bickering can cause unwanted attention and Vivian wouldn't allow anymore lives to be taken if she could help it.

"I'm just waiting for this bastard to hiss at me, again!"

Vivian shook her head at both of them then looked at me from my spot on top of the brick wall that blocked the car lot we were near. "All they've said was that Ratimira wants to kill Baze." There was a look of defeat on her face, "They won't tell us why or where their secret hiding spots are."

One of them had bit his own tongue off and began spitting up blood so we quickly ruled getting anything out of him without it sounding like gibberish. The other two might as well get theirs taken out by force since they refused to answer any of our questions like their idiotic friend. I thought this would be the easiest part, getting our information and kill all three of them so we can find those two obnoxious traitors. There's no way I'm letting them lay a hand on my niece and the unborn child, they'd be stupid to think all 9 of us would give them a chance to along with the pack.

Jumping off the brick wall that shielded us from the cameras on the corner of the storage unit and highway, I turned to Vivian. "Plan B it is."

"That's not how I planned to do this, Sebastian."

Nico glanced at Vivian, "We weren't expecting the ladies to do it. Piero and I got this."