13. Sebastian Thy Shield

Aliyah

***

"We would've been there on time if you had woken me up," I grumbled in the back seat.

Sebastian and I just landed back in Canada half an hour ago. We were damn near 3 hours late all because Sebastian didn't wake me up! It was already strange that I woke up in his bed in the hotel room instead of mine.

"What? How did I get in here?" My mouth was so dry that my question came out hoarse. I had the same clothes on from last night and smelled strongly of lime. At first I thought it was the hotel's bedspread, the lime smell mixing with Sebastian's minty one.

He was sitting at the desk in the hotel room, the journal in his hand.

"You walked," was his cold answer.

"But..." My words faded as I tried to think of what happened last night. I only remembered getting ready for my date and--

Marty

Face palming, I groaned in aggravation just thinking about the pudgy catfisher. The last thing I recalled was leaving the stupid bar and sitting down in the car. Anything that happened afterwards didn't come to the front of my mind.

"What happened last night?" I asked him, sitting up in bed.

Sebastian had just continued reading when I jumped out of bed after seeing the time. It was half past 12 and he didn't wake me up for our 10:30 flight!

I was so happy that I had already packed my things and just needed to wash and get dressed. Sebastian didn't speak to me, he was standing by the door with his things. Most of the time he kept to himself, but this time felt different, it felt like he was purposely ignoring me.

As we drove to his place, my nerves were restless. I was anxious to have my dad's champagne 1970 Bronco on the road, the idea of us getting pulled over weighed in my head. A cop could run the license plate just because and take me in for questioning!

The car was dropped off by Nicole, she had it in the garage at our apartment while I was gone and offered to bring it to the airport. Her brother followed her so he could take her back home afterwards which was nice.

I had never been to the vampire's place before, and didn't know how many others were there. The main reason why I didn't object was because of Baze as I knew she would. It's not like we would be able to go back to our parents house anyways, she told me they put everything in a storage unit aside from the things in her room that was now at her mate's house.

It was silent for the majority of the car ride. This time it didn't feel like a normal silence, it was unbearable. Memories of last night were so hazy that I couldn't bring myself to remember if I had said or done something to offend Sebastian and that's why he was being so cold. He's usually uptight, but verbally for the most part.

"Hey," I called out to him. Looking at the front of his face in the rearview mirror, I noticed he didn't care to meet my eyes. The way he tilted his head told me he was paying attention at least.

"Last night," I started. "If I said or did something to offend you I want to apologize." He had returned my gaze then looked back at the road. Nothing in them revealed whether something did happen or not, "I was hammered and don't remember anything." Shaking my head I theorized, "If I had kicked you out of your bed I'm sorry."