34. A Fearless Huntress

***
Aliyah

***

After washing my face, I looked at myself in the mirror as I brushed my teeth. There were small restless bags under my eyes because of the lack of sleep I had last night.

Let's see if coffee will be able to make them disappear before I'm forced to use my eyeballs to grocery shop...

Sebastian didn't come back at all when he left, not even a stop by during the middle of the night. He was just... gone.

The kiss between me and him kept me up all night. I don't know why he left and never returned and I didn't want to assume that the kiss was so terrible to him because his reaction told me otherwise. Sebastian had held me up against him as if wanting to kiss me for the longest time and was more than happy to once I made the first move so for him to break away and disappear confused me.

He didn't want it to lead to more...

If we continued kissing, I'm not sure what it would've led to and whatever it would've led to wouldn't result in me being pregnant like Baze.

An email from Troy lit my dark room, the thick paragraph popping up when the clock read 10 minutes after 5 AM on the screen. I was already wide awake with what felt like a hurricane of thoughts and possibilities in my head and just thought to read it.

The email explained a change of plans for today. We were scheduled to meet up with the police officers and witnesses that have seen or was near the same area of the attacks at noon, but it was changed an hour later. Troy's email ended with: The woman that was attacked most recently didn't survive her wounds and won't be able to tell us much regarding what caused her to end up in the hospital.

I knew they had cremated her in fear of infection then disappearing just like the previous victim and rolled my eyes at the lie they must've told Troy. Sebastian was doing his own separate investigation and was a lot more reliable when it came to getting the truth because he was able to get in and out undetected.

He was supposed to go with me, but I highly doubt Sebastian will show his face. When I got dressed and left my room, he wasn't there, there was no note or anything. To prove that he didn't come at all, I had placed a sock by the front and back door to see if it's been moved by either openings for whenever he decided to let himself in.

I glared at the stupid socks that were still in their spots and snatched them from off the floor, angry that he didn't come back. I didn't know what to expect if he were to walk through the door, him just up and leaving after our kiss annoyed me. I know for a fact that under his blank facial expression was the same amount of desire when he had pulled away!

After finishing my coffee, I grabbed my coat and other belongings before heading to the door. It was no where near noon, I wanted to speak to Troy privately so I asked him if we could meet at the boxing center at 10 to talk.

Crap! Sebastian still has the key to lock the door!

My eyes was met with a key that lied hidden in the fake potted plant under the porch light.

Oh, he can hide a key along with himself

I grumbled to myself and took it before making my way to the boxing center. The temperature outside was cold as expected and I didn't plan on exercising there so I arrived generously prepared. The thick burgundy sweater I chose to wear kept me nice and warm, my dark wash jeans wasn't the best insulator up until my boots were put on.