28. Deals A Deal

***

Baze

***

The spell Isobel had over the house that prevented me from leaving had broken once they killed her. There was no telling how it was going to be used to their advantage once I went unconscious. I could only guess how they were able to make it through the border without the packing knowing.

The fighters have been training so hard and with my vampire family being around they were familiar with the scent of them. I remembered Alyx telling me that they smell like wood burning to them as well so Isobel using a masking spell for Jessica and Latimer to get through wasn't that far of a stretch!

My insides burned, the pain being enough to make me pass in and out from it. In my state I could still hear everything, it was as if my body had slowed itself down to get past the ginkgo.

I can't believe this is happening!

"How much time do you think this will take?"

"Not long," Both Jessica and Latimer had unfamiliar accents that underlined their words. Her tone unlike Latimer's was angry as she went on about the woman who birthed me as if she was one of her best friends.

"Melanie was the only witch that found a way for a vampire to procreate for this hybrid to exist. She kept the secret of her possibly dying from Jonah so he wouldn't stop her," there was so much resentment to her words.

Melanie hid the fact that she could die from Jonah and yet the both of them still blamed me and him for her death? How was he supposed to know that she'd die when she gave him the confidence that their plan wouldn't result in her life ending just to save mine?

"He revealed in his stupid journal that his heart broke when Melanie gave their baby her life force so it would be enough for her to survive," I heard a door open after her words. Them mentioning Jonah's journals meant they must have the ones that Sebastian, Christian and Allie went to go look for.

Isobel had been the one to come to the realization that Melanie tried to separate the venom of a vampire from my blood, but it wasn't enough to keep me alive so she gave me her life force in order to prevent me from dying. Since Isobel was working for Latimer and Jessica behind the scenes, it's no surprise that she was quick to come up with the theory in the first place.

"Her little friend didn't see why it was only fair that she die when her and Sebastian killed him. Piero buried his body in a 8 foot grave because of Baze and he still didn't want her to die." Latimer hissed in annoyance. "Dumb ass."

"I swear shipping his body out to his parents wasn't enough, we should've added a note to let them know not only was he worthless, but he was an idiot."

The sadness I once had hearing that Kenneth's headless body was thrown in his parents yard for them to find returned after hearing Jessica say that.

"At least he was able to get the three hearts we needed for Isobel's spell," he chuckled.

She needed 3 hearts for a spell? What spell?

Isobel casting a spell with hearts is most certainly black magic and not pure. Julius, Julissa and Bernard did have their hearts taken out, but it was left on the ground with the dead leaves...