ROADTRIP PT.2

~~~~~~~~
Reminder/recap from last chapter:

"Woah woah woah- okay- take a deep breath. Sapnap has this all under control. He's dealt with more kids then them lot before and they were so troublesome so I'm sure he can deal with them lot and I can assure you, nothing is going to happen. Wilbur and Tubbo are fine. Ranboo and Karl aren't going to get upset and neither is Quackity. Just lay down and sleep will come quicker than you think and next thing you know were there and everyone is fine" Dream said to Tommy, the radio in the background quietly playing Alec Benjamin.

Tommy hesitantly nodded and layed down, Dream didn't turn his seat back to the front, instead stayed sideways on his phone checking on Tommy every so often like an overprotective older brother.

After a while everything was peaceful, Tommy was asleep, the radio was audible but only if you were listening out for it and a hum filled the car from the motorway road. Raindrops tapped onto the window before racing down it diagonally and quiet talking could be heard from the back but it just sounded like muffles rather than actual words.
It was nice. Quiet. Peaceful.

"I didn't know the seats could spin" Bad whispered in astonishment breaking the silence in the slightest and Dream just quietly laughed.
"Well- the more you know" Dream responded and the peaceful journey continued.

~~~~

The minibus came to a sudden halt causing Tommy to wake up in a panic and Dream noticed this and looked towards the younger who was now looking behind him to check on everyone in the back.
"What you doing Tommy?" Dream asked the other and Tommy quickly turned to look at Dream

"Uh nothing just uhm- checking in" Tommy responded, trying to play it off but failing
"Sorry for the jump, someone pulled out from the corner" Bad quickly apologised feeling awful for ruining Tommys sleep

"Yeah no worries- how long was i out for?" Tommy asked, now sitting up and Dream checked the time on his phone
"5 minutes" he responded and Tommy just nodded and looked out the window to the racing raindrops.

"You gonna try go back to sleep?" Dream asked towards the other, unintentionally using a caregiver sort of tone. Tommy didn't know what it was but he felt unreasonably happy and fuzzy at the tone that was being used and had to stop himself from the small smile threatening to make itself present.

"No, I think ill stay 'wake for a bwit" Tommy slurred, playing off the jumbled words as though he was yawning so Dream wouldn't question it as Tommy began to internally question himself.

He was acting the same way Ranboo and Tubbo would usually act when they are regressing. There's no way he could be a regressor too.. right? Right?!

"Toms, bud, do you want something on the radio to help you sleep?" Dream asked the other, yet again in the same voice that made Tommy feel fuzzy inside and with Tommys small reaction and wave of happiness, Dream immediately picked up that his suspicions were correct and whispered to Bad "I think he's a regressor but like, only just now" and Bad nodded as affirmation that he heard the other.

In response to Dreams question, Tommy shook his head and moved to lean against the door, resting his head on the window and wrapped his arms around his body and Dream watched the body language trying to figure out what was going on in Tommys mind.

"How about I give you a fluffy blanket, hmm?" Dream directed towards Tommy, pulling out a navy blue blanket that had star constellations in gold all over it and handed it to Tommy who immediately wrapped himself in it.

"Are you going to lay back down and get some more sleep now?" Dream continued to try guide Tommy back to the topic of sleeping and this time came out successful as Tommy nodded his head and went back to laying down like he was before he got woken up and only a few minutes went by before Tommy was fast asleep once again.