Chapter Forty-One

Start from the beginning

"Did Levi really tell you about all this stuff when you took this job?" She blurted, her bottom lip beginning to tremble. Synn frowned at her and nodded his head, wondering why she would ask that again. "And you still took it?" She exasperated, a face full of guilt now settling on her features. Things began to click with Synn now. He nodded firmly, running his thumb long her jaw.

"You're a fucking ejit" She spat, lifting her hand up to hit him but he caught it easily with his free hand. Just as quick, they hand in her face moved down to her throat as he forced her to look at him. Aurora looked up at him with wide eyes. Out of instinct, she tried to close her legs but he was still wedged between them.

"You're a bigger fucking ejit if you think a little knife is gonna scared me off from protecting you" Synn said in a low, threatening tone as he stared into her wide eyes. He could feel his anger creeping up on him, like a poison. He wasn't angry at her though, he was angry at the thought of her getting hurt. Everything was catching up on him. His boss. The threat. Jace Matthews. Aurora was just unfortunate enough to trigger it.

"Levi would never let you leave at this stage" Aurora bit back. She felt like a burden to him in this 'job'. She knew he had no choice but to watch her and she feared it was gonna drive him mad.

"I'm not protecting you for your brothers sake, Aurora" Synn gritted, slightly tightening his grip on her throat, not enough to cut off air, but enough to send her a warning to watch her tounge. "I'm protecting you because if anyones tried to take you away from me, I want to be the one to wedge a knife in their heart" His voice was barely a whisper as his breath fanned her face. He felt her breath hitch in her throat at his words. She stared up at him, but not in fear. It was a strong deep emotion, but he couldn't decipher it.

"I don't want someone to take me away from you" She admitted quietly, causing Synn to loosen his grip on ther throat slightly. Her words put a bit of ease in his mind, his anger.

"I'm glad we can agree on that" He said flatly. She could only nod wordlessly at him.

~*~

Aurora was gone to bed, so Synn was sitting outside her door. Levi didn't tell him to do this, but he felt uneasy about going to bed. So instead he sat there, finding this time to try and figure his little Nokia phone still. He found that if he presses the buttons with the very tip of his finger, he's less likely to hit a load of other buttons around it. This was only to distract him from his thoughts eating him alive.

Levi informed them earlier that Jace Matthews died of a bullet to the head. They initially thought that was it, that it was their Uncles doing, but there was also a the number sixty-five carved on his chest. That sign pointing to the Punisher, pointing to Synn. Synn seen the look Alaric shot at him from across the room when Levi revealed that information, it was one of doubt. Not doubting Levi, but doubting Synn, and he didn't like it.

He didn't know how much longer he could hold off his boss. It was a stupid idea to begin with, taking this job. It just sounded so appealing at the time, to not have to get his hands dirty and be able to protect Aurora, but it was all catching up on him now. He needed to talk to Bruise. To have a drink and rant about this whole situation and get his help, but he couldn't leave Auroras side.

Suddenly his phone started vibrating in his hand. He jumped, not expecting it, having been so caught up in his thoughts. He squinted down at the screen and seen the 'No Caller ID' flashing on the screen. Without thinking, he pressed answer.

"What the fuck was that?" Synn snapped the second he answered. All his anger from earlier resurfaced and now he was dorecting it at the right person. Well, maybe not the right person, but the man that deserved it. The other line went silent for a moment before he spoke up.