Drabble - Unexpected Surprise [Alexander Skarsgard]

You were a little panicky because you'd discovered you were pregnant while Alex was away filming; It had only been a short time since your IUD had been removed and neither of you expected anything to happen before the three to four month mark.

Here you were, pacing in your bedroom holding the pregnancy test you had taken only three days ago; waiting for Alex to come home. He was late and you had resolved it was traffic, his phone had died and he would be home as soon as possible. His lateness, however, wasn't helping your nerves any and you felt just about ready to vomit... Again.

Finally the front door opened and closed softly; it was late so Alex was trying to be quiet so as not to wake you. Little did he know. You hear his footsteps up the stairs, he had removed his shoes. The sound of his travel bag being put down in his office before he opened the bedroom door and nearly jumped out of his skin upon seeing you sat on the end of the bed.

"Baby?" He walks over; your posture - sitting on the end of the bed, holding something in your hands and staring at it - worrying him.

"Yeah...!" You smile and look up, happy tears in your eyes but still the nerves were plain to see.

Alex crouches down in front of you and looks to your fingers, laying his hands over yours and taking the slim object. He frowns curiously as he turns it over to face him.

After a few seconds; "...is this yours?" His voice goes up a little higher than normal at the end of the question.

You nod and smile a little "I know... It's really soon and we weren't expecting or planning for a baby ~just yet..."

He stops you and moves to sit on the bed with you, gently pulling you into his arms. "It's okay! It's completely okay!"

You wrap your arms around him "I'm so scared!"

"That's okay.... I'm... I'm terrified but... I'm so happy!" He kisses your hair and nuzzles you, still looking at the test in his hand.

"Really? ... happy, I mean..."

"Very. There's nothing more that I want, than for you to have my children." Alex strokes your face lightly then caresses your cheek.

"Let's just get through this one first..." You laugh a little.

"We have plenty of time." Alex smiles and curls up on the bed with you, placing the test on the side table. "I love you."

"I love you too." You get comfy and smile against Alex as you finally drift off to sleep.