Chapter 20: With a Mate comes Danger

When we were little my mom to tell us all the time. That kissing lead to having a baby. Joan and I used to giggle we knew that you can't get pregnant from kissing but now I understand that statement completely.
The kiss started out slow and gentle. But..... within 10 seconds tingles spread from the tip of my head down to the soles of my feet. Oh my god this man can kiss. He is kissing me like his life depends on it. We pull back from the embrace. And my lips a little swollen and he is a little breathless. I can see the lust in his eyes flecks of red showing in his pupils. He is trying hard not to let his wolf out. He knows that Jax will not be gentle. He steps back and shakes his head. I stepped forward and wrap my arms around his neck. Jax please give us a few moments together and then you can claim Skye all you want to but I need my first few moments to be with Kai. As your mate and as your Luna I ask this of you.
Kai's voice comes out low and husky. Yes my Luna, my love. Anything for my mate. And then Kai bends down. Swooping my legs up and carrying me bridal style to the bed. He lays me down gently. But at this moment I know if I am not at least a little bit bold I will lose my nerve. I move so that he is between my legs. I wrap my legs around his hips and press my front to his. In a voice barely above a whisper. I say... Now Kai... please make love to me. I bare my neck to him. And pull his face to the spot where his mark will be. His canines pierce my skin as he enters me. I arch my back and rock forward so that he is full seated inside. He groans and it turns into a growl. Licking my mark close as I start a slow lazy rhythm. I can see the veins in his neck strain. As he tried to keep control. I bite his neck leaving my mark. And he grabs my bottom hoisted me just off the bed so he can gain a better angle. I lick his mark. And in return he picks up the rhythm of our lovemaking. Only sounds coming from the room are our moans and skin slapping against skin. I feel a warmth start deep within me and spread across my skin like a wildfire I throw my head back and call out his name as he releases deep within my womb.
I hear him swear under his breath as we fall forward. Me landing on the mattress first and him on top of me. My body is completely relaxed and I am too spent to say anything about him crushing me. I am not a small woman by any means. As I try to draw in a deep breath. Kai realizes that he is still on top and inside of me. He gently pulls out and rolls over and pulls me close. Before I can say or do anything I hear his light snores. I drift off to sleep feeling at peace.
We wake to a knock on the door from Tyee.
Alpha and Luna it's almost dawn, we need to commence the pack run in the next few minutes. Kai is up out of bed and in his shirt and shorts before Tyee can finish his sentence. I however am a little sore. So I am significantly slower. Once dressed we walk hand and hand downstairs to greet our pack and make sure the panic room is secured. Kai and I are the only ones with the code. Before we leave I tell Mama Pen as a just encase. When I pull back from telling her. She grins and tells me that she can smell her son all over me. I blush realize that we didn't shower after mating. So everyone can smell Kai all over me. Kai's laugh booms out as he hears my thoughts through the mate bond and link. He turns and looks at me.
Yes babe they can. As well as they should. You are their Luna now. That is the be expected. We are mated mates.
Alo turns to me and says. The first year Lena and I got together Kai made us move out of the pack house it was so bad. LOL.
Kai turns to me with a horrific look on his face and says.
Oh my goodness. It was like you couldn't turn a corner without them being there. Kissing and making out. I once even caught them in the act. He said this as his whole body shuddered. Then he shook his head as if he was trying to get the image out of his head. Alo laughed and says. You're welcome Alpha. Then he winked. I died laughing. Knowing what we did just a few hours ago probably was close to what Kai was trying to erase from his brain. He has no room to talk. Kai turns to me as if he read my mind and says that's different. With a smirk on his face, that I have truly grown to love.
We go out to the yard and stand in a circle just beyond the back of the pack house. Kai is now in full Alpha mode.
Today I present before you my pack, my tribe, my family. My Luna. Our history is of the origins of the were. With the moon goddess' great favor of my union. We run. In our beast form. To honor her as our first mother. And allow her to bless us beyond what was originally meant to be a curse. We are lycans. We live and breathe the truth. No kills on this run. Feel the power of the full moon setting and the sun rising on our new beginnings. There has been a vision of lives lost and lives started. But we are one so we run as one now here at dawn.
And in what seems like an instant. Where there was men and women. There are now wolves of all shapes colors and sizes. But all with a red mark above the right eye to signify our people, our Lycan lineage.
So I ran ahead of the pack. With a eerie feeling that a war has just begun. But where I don't know.