Chapter 9: Something is Coming

After telling Kai that I was going to stay and live in the pack. But I wasn't sure about us being mates. He seemed a little restless.
Leia what about us dating.
What about it?
Well we have been seeing each other for weeks. My mom said you have been taking on Luna duties.
Yeah Kai I have.
Listen if we aren't going to be together. Then you have to stop. I can't have you doing Luna duties and being involved in the pack. If you aren't sure about us as mates.
Why?
Kai runs his fingers through his hair roughly. He looks down. But when he looks up I notice both his eyes are black with a red ring around the outside. His voice is slightly deeper. Jax his wolf has surfaced.
Forgive me Leia. I don't usually take over. Kai and I have worked hard on our control. But I have been asking to speak with you. Kai keeps telling me to be patient. But just once I want to speak freely to you.
Go ahead Jax.
Your wolf Sky. She calls to me. She is of alpha blood. She has many gifts from the goddess. But only as  my mate, does she get to unlock all her potential. Sky also said because you haven't shifted in a while she is growing weak.
Kai doesn't want me to tell you.  But I think you should know that there is a prophecy that if your bloodline mates with ours. Our pups....
And that's when I notice Kai push to the surface. He looks away. Then back at me like he has been arguing with himself.
Kai what is Jax's talking about.
Nothing. Jax was out of line.
Kai!
Leia it's not important let's eat.
No Kai I want to know.
Eat! Kai says using his Alpha command.
It works but only slightly. I flinch and it's like my brain tells me I'm starving. But.... It tells me I can eat later too.
Kai this is not how it works. You don't get to do that! I yell back at him.
You can't just Alpha command me. As your possible future Luna, your true mate, and first born in an alpha bloodline it doesn't really work on me. At least not the way you think. Besides that not fair. And that's not how you gain my trust.
Listen Leia I'm trying to get use to this whole mate thing as well. But I have been an Alpha for quite sometime now. And as head of this pack my word is above all. You will have to learn that if we are not mated.
Oh my goddess! You are about as stubborn as the come Kai.
He smirks. Yeah will I guess that means we are equally matched because I could say the same about you LeeLee.
Watch it Kai!
He laughter booms out. Echoing off the hills and mountains close by. If I didn't know any better Leia I would take that as a challenge.
He crouched low and before I know it we are rolling around on the ground.
Cut it out. You will mess up my hair and people will think this hike is a ruse so we could come make out up here quietly away from everyone. I say between giggles.
He stops and with a dead serious stare says. No honey I would have you up in my room. Away from prying eyes and interruptions. It's been years since I have been with anyone. And I like to take my time. Savoring and memorizing every inch of you. So not here. Definitely not out here.
I blush!
I have never been with anyone. I dated back home but nothing serious. My parents made it very clear that their wishes was for us girls to wait til marriage. I look away afraid my naïve would show and scare him away from any possibilities. Taking his finger he lifts my face so that I am staring into his eyes.
Leia I think that is very virtuous of you. Not a lot of people honor that tradition these days. Myself included. But if I am the man or the mate you choose. I will thank my lucky stars and praise the goddess for being your one and only.
He leans down and places his forehead on mine closing his eyes. I close my eyes as well. And he then brings his lips to my forehead and gently kisses me just between my eyebrows. Then on the tip of my nose. And right before he kisses my lips. We get interrupted by a warrior.
Sorry sir I know you said to not interrupt you
Kai growls
Sorry Alpha sir but we have some rogues on the southern border. They were caught sneaking into the pack grounds. And one bite a warrior unprovoked. And is now in the dungeon. He is demanding to speak with you.
Leia take Joan and go to the alpha floor. Kai says. Go to the closet with the black door. Go inside and lock it. Jaime take the women and children through protocol in case this is a declaration of war. And Jaime remember your training.
Yes sir.
We made it back to the Jeep in no time. All was forgotten of the picnic as we high tailed it back to the pack house. Kai called the local sheriff and gave him a heads up.
Kai slammed the brake on. We come to a complete stop in front of the pack house.  I was out of the truck in no time. Joan met me at the stairway. Inside the pack house it was controlled chaos. Outside everything appeared normal. Kai kissed my forehead and was gone before I could respond. Joan and I were in what looked like a panic room for over a hour before Kai mind-linked me to tell me to come out.
Even with today's events. And the hanging of a rogue. The party went off without a hitch that night. And the guest of honor Lena showed up glowing. If I hadn't been there to see her give birth I would have never known she was a week postpartum. Little did we know the rogue attack that afternoon was just the beginning of a sinister plan.